Visual Studio 2005 MSM Bug?, Directory Table Problem

chrpai

Apr 27, 2006, 5:51:29 PM4/27/06
If create a VDPROJ in VS2003 I see the Directory table looks like:

DIRECTORYNAME | TARGETDIR | .:MODULE~1|Module Retargetable Folder

On VS2005 it's:

DIRECTORYNAME | TARGETDIR | MODULE~1|Module Retargetable Folder

Notice the .: is missing. This seems badly broken to me? When I consume
the merge module in InstallShield the DIRECTORYNAME becomes a subfolder
of the parent directory instead of the same folder as the parent
directory.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm thinking I'm going to have to write a
MSI SQL postbuild script to fix this.

chrpai

May 3, 2006, 10:23:20 PM5/3/06
No bites? Guess my postbuild fix will have to be the solution.

Message has been deleted