SD-card path identification

Peter Hartlén

Jan 31, 2007, 8:31:54 AM1/31/07
Hi!

How do you correctly determine the path to an inserted storage card in
Windows Mobile CF using C#?

Regards,

Peter

<ctacke/>

Jan 31, 2007, 9:13:07 AM1/31/07
I don't recall the key offhand, but it's in the registry.
FindFirstStorageCard also works for WM.

--
Chris Tacke
OpenNETCF Consulting

"Peter Hartlén" <pe...@data.se> wrote in message

JamesFielding

Feb 6, 2007, 3:29:01 AM2/6/07

Hi Chris,

We've hit this problem ourselves a few times, and have simply
given up relying on the FindFirstStorageCard() function.

More often than not, it returns the name of the internal memory
directory (eg "iPaq File Store") rather than the name of the
Storage Card.

We've yet to find a reliable way to determine the Storage Card
name, which works across all makes & models of devices.

James
www.pocketpcinstaller.com

jonfroehlich

Feb 6, 2007, 10:28:19 PM2/6/07
According to the Windows Mobile Team Blog, you _should_ use
FindFirstFlashCard (link: http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archive/2006/07/26/678742.aspx).
I've used it successfully on a variety of HTC WM5 SmartPhone devices
(but it sounds like you should test it out for yourself).

--
http://csharponphone.blogspot.com/

On Feb 6, 12:29 am, JamesFielding

<JamesField...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> We've hit this problem ourselves a few times, and have simply
> given up relying on the FindFirstStorageCard() function.
>
> More often than not, it returns the name of the internal memory
> directory (eg "iPaq File Store") rather than the name of the
> Storage Card.
>
> We've yet to find a reliable way to determine the Storage Card
> name, which works across all makes & models of devices.
>
> James
> www.pocketpcinstaller.com
>
> "<ctacke/>" wrote:
> > I don't recall the key offhand, but it's in the registry.
> > FindFirstStorageCard also works for WM.
>
> > --
> > Chris Tacke
> > OpenNETCF Consulting
> > Managed Code in the Embedded World
> >www.opennetcf.com

drumred

Mar 8, 2007, 12:18:13 AM3/8/07
Help please... I'm a VB coder. How can this translate to a VB app? Thanks.

BOOL FindNextFlashCard(
HANDLE hFlashCard,
LPWIN32_FIND_DATA lpFindFlashData
);

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Mar 8, 2007, 1:00:54 PM3/8/07
You have to P/Invoke that call.

BOOL = Integer
HANDLE = IntPtr or Integer
LPWIN32_FIND_DATA is going to be a structure or an array of bytes of an
appropriate length. It seems to me that someone has wrapped this (in C#, no
doubt, but you can still use it without translating the declaration into
VB.NET). Check with GoogleGroups for past mentions of it in this group:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/topics?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Paul T.

"drumred" <dru...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message