CreateParams, Handle are missing

Alex Yakhnin

Apr 19, 2002, 9:50:44 AM4/19/02

I am trying to create control by inheriting the Control
and it looks like the CreateParams and Handle are missing
from Forms namespace. Therefore the sample for inheriting
for button supplied in the docs does not compile because
of the same reasons.

(SDE beta1)

Thanks... Alex

Alex Yakhnin

Apr 19, 2002, 11:55:51 AM4/19/02
As a follow up, it looks like the whole access to the
native windows is missing from the System.Windows.Forms.
WndProc, Message... On a top of that docs say there is no
support for the callbacks in the PInvoke?? So currently,
there is no way subclass messages in the SDE. Is this
going to be changed for V1?

Thanks... Alex

>.

Henrik Dahl

Apr 19, 2002, 12:22:11 PM4/19/02
Did you benefit from reading the Readme stuff?

Henrik

"Alex Yakhnin" <al...@mail.com> wrote in message

Alex Yakhnin

Apr 19, 2002, 1:26:44 PM4/19/02
It just mentions that PInvoke supports only a limited set
of argument types. I just hope it's a beta thing :(

-Alex

>.

Alex Yakhnin

Apr 19, 2002, 3:17:38 PM4/19/02
So Microsoft Team, am out of luck in willing to author a
Control. HTMLViewer for a example or some other utilizing
API calls?

Thanks... Alex

>.

Seth Demsey [MS]

Jun 4, 2002, 3:47:13 PM6/4/02
Folks --

There is a forthcoming class -- MessageWindow -- that will show up in the
V1.0 product that is basicly a parking window -- allowing you access to
it's hwnd and ability to post messages and recieve them. More
documentation and samples are forthcoming with the feature.

Seth Demsey
Program Manager
Net Compact Framework