Compile errors in .NET generated code for Web Services

Chandresh

May 6, 2005, 5:44:17 PM5/6/05

I wonder if anyone else has seen this or suggest how to fix this. I'm
writing an application for Pocket PC 2003 that uses web services to get data.

I used VS2003 and created a project from the SmartApplication template;
added a Web Reference; the stubs get generated and when I try to compile I
get tons of errors in the Source Code file that gets generated when I added
the web reference.

The error says:
...\Web References\CWS\Reference.cs(724):
'System.Xml.Serialization.XmlArrayAttribute' does not contain a definition
for 'Form'

The code it complains about is:

[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("",
RequestNamespace="ns1", ResponseNamespace="ns1",
Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped)]
[return: System.Xml.Serialization.XmlArrayAttribute("OrderList",
Form=System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaForm.Unqualified)]
[return: System.Xml.Serialization.XmlArrayItemAttribute("order",
Form=System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaForm.Unqualified, IsNullable=false)]
public Order[]
getOrders([System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute(Form=System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaForm.Unqualified)] OrderFilter OrderFilter) {
object[] results = this.Invoke("getOrders", new object[] {
OrderFilter});
return ((Order[])(results[0]));
}

It seems like it doesn't like the 'Form' attribute of XmlArrayAttribute and
XmlElementAttribute.

This maybe because that particular attribute is unsupported in .NET compact
framework; if that is so then I wonder why it gets generated in the first
place?

Can I do something else so that these attributes do not get generated?

Alex Feinman [MVP]

May 6, 2005, 6:23:25 PM5/6/05
I'm afraid the only thing you can do is modify the web service definition
(or edit the proxy code manually). The proxy generator is not aware of CF.
It is the same one as for full framework

--
Alex Feinman
---
"Chandresh" <Chan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Chandresh

May 6, 2005, 6:51:07 PM5/6/05
I was afriad I'd have to do that. For me editing the proxy code manually is
out of question; the wsdl changes frequently and it is huge. The only option
is to tweak the WSDL.

Any ideas what do I have to take out/ put in the wsdl so that the proxy
generator does not emit those attributes?

Alex Feinman [MVP]

May 6, 2005, 10:02:02 PM5/6/05
Could you post the wsdl or a link to it?

--
Alex Feinman
---
Visit http://www.opennetcf.org
"Chandresh" <Chan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Chandresh

May 9, 2005, 1:42:02 PM5/9/05
I fixed it.

I had to tweak the WSDL. My changes were to add the following attribute to
the SCHEMA elements within the TYPES element of the WSDL:

elementFormDefault="qualified"

Chandresh

Message has been deleted

fatih...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2012, 3:24:01 AM7/17/12
Could you please describe what was your change on wsdl ?
i have same problem?

Regards