ASP.NET Request Pipeline and GoF Chain of Responsibility

Cramer

May 7, 2008, 4:32:10 PM5/7/08
More of a theoretical question here: It just occurred to me that the ASP.NET
request pipeline delivers much of the GoF Chain of Responsibility pattern.
What do you think? If it does not, then, why not?

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

May 7, 2008, 7:26:41 PM5/7/08
A little bit, maybe. The Chain of Responsibility pattern really deals with
having a list of "handler" objects that have limitations on the nature of
the requests they can work on. If a handler cannot process a request it
passes it on to the next handler in the "chain of command". For example, if
you have an unusual request that a bank teller cannot handle, they would
pass it on to the Manager.
Peter
"Cramer" <A...@B.com> wrote in message

Cramer

May 7, 2008, 9:29:22 PM5/7/08
Ahhh, I understand the distinction. Thanks.

"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <pbro...@nospammaam.yahoo.com> wrote in message