VS 2008

David C

Oct 9, 2007, 3:01:55 PM10/9/07
Has anybody used Visual Studio 2008 Beta yet? If so, is it faster than
2005? It sure can't be slower! What was MS thinking?

David

gerry

Oct 9, 2007, 3:22:46 PM10/9/07
lol - i agree with the sentiment but don't be so sure ;-)

"David C" <dlc...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message

bruce barker

Oct 9, 2007, 3:57:25 PM10/9/07
seems the same. check your virus scan software, it can have a big impact.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)

Oct 9, 2007, 4:54:54 PM10/9/07
VS 2005 is, overall, pretty good on my machine. There are a couple of things
I have found that interfere:

1. Amount of memory on machine
2. Precompilation complete (on assemblies)? - If you are not constantly
adding additional patches/software, you can run a command line to complete
all of the ngening that normally runs in the background. Once complete,
things speed up.
3. Virus scanners - some really dog Visual Studio

Thus far, 2008 seems to have some of the same problems, so if you have one
of the above, you will likely find it slow, as well.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

| Think outside the box!

David C

Oct 9, 2007, 5:56:04 PM10/9/07
I took my virus scanner out and it helped.
I have 1GB RAM and it is a fairly new PC.
No assemblies.

It just seems quite slow doing simple things and sometimes while it is
trying to do something my hard drive doesn't even flash but the page is
pretty slow to load initially. My projects are on the network and I have
1GB network connection. It would seem that things should be faster.

David
"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <NoSpamM...@comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote in
message news:%23rHYpar...@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

michaelnemtsev

Oct 9, 2007, 6:11:19 PM10/9/07
Hello David,

I found it more faster.
Are u experiensing some problems with VS 2008?

---
WBR,

DC> Has anybody used Visual Studio 2008 Beta yet? If so, is it faster
DC> than 2005? It sure can't be slower! What was MS thinking?
DC>
DC> David

Oct 9, 2007, 7:49:41 PM10/9/07
Yes, the VS2005 designer was thrown away and replaced with a fast new one
that includes split screen (design & HTML view both visible & editable at
once).

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,