Execute ASP using a template

MDoyle

Oct 11, 2007, 12:24:05 PM10/11/07
Hi all, I have a pretty specific question here:

My requirement is to have users allowed to view templates and use them
for emailing. I need to be able to dynamically generate content from
these templates. The content will vary in complexity, from a simple
single text field to complex loops of information.

What I had envisioned is that I could be able to use asp and just save
it into the database. Because of the large amount of content, I would
rather not build a templating system, as it is cumbersome and
tedious. However, I cannot find anything on the web that allows me to
parse ASP on the fly. It will need to have access to the objects on
its current page.

Basically, here is my series of questions:

a) Is this doable. If so, how?
b) if it is not doable or entirely complex, what are my other options?
c) I will be the only one editing these templates. Are there any
other security precautions I should take?

I am at a complete loss as to how to approach this, so some guidance
would be more than beneficial.

Thank you, and have a nice day!