simple question about borders

1 view

EricW

Apr 23, 2008, 4:52:32 PM4/23/08

I want to place a div or panel on my page that has a text in it which is
also a hyperlink.
So it looks like a button but isn't really.
I don't want to see the button-pressed-state on screen.

The panel I want to have dotted lines around it.

If I use de border part in the stylesheet and look at the page in IE, I see
no dots, but dashes.
Is this a compatibility bug someway?

How can I solve this? I really has to be a dotted rectangle with linktext
inside it and it must be dynamic so I can use it with several different
sizes.

One way I tried was to put several panels inside each other, using a dot as
repeated background.
One panel for each side and the most outer panel is the container.
If I do it like this, I don't see the dots on the screen.

anyone out there who can help me?

rg,
Eric

Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)

Apr 25, 2008, 11:05:34 AM4/25/08
Not sure why the dotted lines are not rendering correctly, but each browser
picks up these extras a bit differently, so this is a risk area if you need
an exact look.

If you have an exact look in mind, and the browser is not rendering it how
you want, create the entire look in a graphics program and use that as a
'background' in your stylesheet.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA