Webrequest permission is denied

rashid...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2007, 1:36:57 AM10/10/07
to ictrad...@aol.com
We have pro hosting on networksolutions for an ecommerce site.

We are trying to connect to authorize.net via webrequest. It seems
that NetworkSolutions has medium trust level and overriding is not
allowed. ( I have tried to change trust level and add the url in the
webrequest in web.config but nothing works)

The issue has been pending for over a month now. we have called
NetworkSolution many times. They are not replying via the email
support as well.

I have searched the web and the groups and didnt find any working
solution for the problem .
Btw opening the page via socket is also not permissible.

Does any one know about alternatives ????

Can any body help... Any help will be appreciated.

thanks..

Rashid

Kevin Spencer

Oct 10, 2007, 6:06:56 AM10/10/07
You seem to have diagnosed the source of the problem without letting us in
on the symptoms. What exactly is going wrong when you run your application?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

http://www.miradyne.net

<rashid...@gmail.com> wrote in message

rashid...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2007, 1:04:53 AM10/11/07
Sorry Spencer...
I must be too much frustrated .

I am quoting the error below:
<QUOTE>
Security Exception
allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the
required permission please contact your system administrator or change
the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the
permission of type 'System.Net.WebPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
</QUOTE>

I have tried chaning the trust level but override is not allowed.
i have also tried adding
<webRequestModules>
<add prefix="http"
type="System.Net.HttpRequestCreator, System,
Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
</webRequestModules>

in the web.config.. but that does not seem to work either..
The hosters NS does not offer much help. I have placed so many calls
and emailed them many times..

Can any one suggest with the updated post.

thanks in advance.
Rashid

On Oct 10, 3:06 am, "Kevin Spencer" <unclechut...@nothinks.com> wrote:
> You seem to have diagnosed the source of the problem without letting us in
> on the symptoms. What exactly is going wrong when you run your application?
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft MVP
>
> DSI PrintManager, Miradyne Component Libraries:http://www.miradyne.net
>

> <rashid.an...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > We have pro hosting on networksolutions for an ecommerce site.
>
> > We are trying to connect to authorize.net via webrequest. It seems
> > that NetworkSolutions has medium trust level and overriding is not
> > allowed. ( I have tried to change trust level and add the url in the
> > webrequest in web.config but nothing works)
>
> > The issue has been pending for over a month now. we have called
> > NetworkSolution many times. They are not replying via the email
> > support as well.
>
> > I have searched the web and the groups and didnt find any working
> > solution for the problem .
> > Btw opening the page via socket is also not permissible.
>
> > Does any one know about alternatives ????
>
> > Can any body help... Any help will be appreciated.
>
> > thanks..
>

> > Rashid- Hide quoted text -

Kevin Spencer

Oct 11, 2007, 6:19:21 AM10/11/07
Hi rashid,

Your ASP.Net application does not have the trust level to perform the
operation. Here is a good article on Trust Levels and ASP.Net application
trust in particular. It should help you diagnose and fix your problem:

http://www.codeproject.com/gen/design/CASDesignPatterns.asp