Using WSE3 For Web Service Kerberos Auth

Ben

May 2, 2008, 1:29:22 PM5/2/08

i'm trying to implement WSE3 to secure a web service via Kerberos.

i used the example at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft WSE\v3.0\Samples\CS
\QuickStart\Security\WSSecurityKerberos\Code

but i get this error:

"Security requirements are not satisfied because the security header
is not present in the incoming message."

on the web service side, I just enabled WSE and using this line to
obtain the username:

KerberosToken token =
RequestSoapContext.Current.Credentials.UltimateReceiver.GetClientToken<KerberosToken>();

on the client side I'm using this code to send auth:

KerberosToken token = new
KerberosToken(System.Net.Dns.GetHostName());
KerberosAssertion assertion = new KerberosAssertion();
proxy.SetClientCredential(token);

// Set the policy onto the proxy
Policy policy = new Policy();
policy.Assertions.Add(assertion);
proxy.SetPolicy(policy);

// trying to call test web service function
Response.Write("user: " + proxy.GetLoggedOnUser());

any ideas?!? are certificates necessary to set this up? i'd really
appreciate any help, i've been battling this issue for a week...
thanks so much!!!

Ben

May 6, 2008, 12:18:14 PM5/6/08
On May 2, 12:29 pm, Ben <benm5...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm trying to implement WSE3 to secure a web service via Kerberos.
>
> i used the example at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft WSE\v3.0\Samples\CS
> \QuickStart\Security\WSSecurityKerberos\Code
>
> but i get this error:
>
> "Security requirements are not satisfied because the security header
> is not present in the incoming message."
>
> on the web service side, I just enabled WSE and using this line to
> obtain the username:
>
> KerberosToken token =
> RequestSoapContext.Current.Credentials.UltimateReceiver.GetClientToken<Kerb­erosToken>();

> on the client side I'm using this code to send auth:
>
>      KerberosToken token = new
> KerberosToken(System.Net.Dns.GetHostName());
>      KerberosAssertion assertion = new KerberosAssertion();
>      proxy.SetClientCredential(token);
>
>      // Set the policy onto the proxy
>      Policy policy = new Policy();
>      policy.Assertions.Add(assertion);
>      proxy.SetPolicy(policy);
>
>      // trying to call test web service function
>      Response.Write("user: " + proxy.GetLoggedOnUser());
>
> any ideas?!?  are certificates necessary to set this up?  i'd really
> appreciate any help, i've been battling this issue for a week...
> thanks so much!!!

No one knows? please...if anyone has an idea help me understand how
to set this up.