Ajax issue

1 view

Arnab das

Apr 25, 2008, 6:00:25 AM4/25/08
My ajax enabled website is fine in my development machine when it is
run from vs 2005.When I publisg the project and upload that in server
I am getting an Java Script error- 'AjaxControlToolkit' is undefined.

Thanks in advance for help.

Tony Bushell

Apr 25, 2008, 6:48:01 AM4/25/08
Arnab,

Sorry to sound quite obvious, but have you tried CTRL-F5 on viewing the
site. It has helped me in the past and I see around the web that a number of
other people are having the same problem with this Resolve.

Tony Bushell.

Arnab das

Apr 25, 2008, 7:11:04 AM4/25/08
No,CTRL-F5 doesnot work for me.

Actually my project builds fine on my localhost, but when deployed to
another server I get that "'AjaxControlToolkit' is not defined" error
in the javascript created by the control.

Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)

Apr 25, 2008, 10:24:11 AM4/25/08
You are somehow missing some of the client side scripts. That is what causes
the error. Not sure why, but I would start debugging looking at what is, and
is not, on the server. Examining your temporary internet files is one place
to look (clear them out first to make this easy).

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog

or just read it:
http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

| Think outside the box!

"Arnab das" <arn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

David

Apr 25, 2008, 10:29:29 AM4/25/08
Is the Ajax toolkit installed on the server?

Do you have the Ajax lines in the web.config? (If the site was previously
deployed, you may have chosen not to overwrite the web.config)

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.