circular reference in cross page post back

WebBuilder451

May 3, 2008, 11:02:00 AM5/3/08
I'm reying to get around the problem of cross page post back. I'm attempting
to use an interface to cast the previous page.
if (PreviousPage != null)
{
ICommonPostback frm = PreviousPage as ICommonPostback;
will work. If i reference this page directly using the <%@ PreviousPageType
VirtualPath="~/Admin/ItemMaster.aspx" %> i get a circular reference.

--
(i''ll be asking a lot of these, but I find C# totally way cooler than vb
and there''s no go''n back!!!)

kes

Teemu Keiski

May 4, 2008, 5:15:58 AM5/4/08
Are you doing cross-page postback to the same page if you'd get circular
reference?

Only way the cast succeeds is that the previous page really implements the
interface.

--
Teemu Keiski
AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

"WebBuilder451" <WebBui...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

WebBuilder451

May 4, 2008, 10:36:00 AM5/4/08
Thanks for replying.
I ended up using an Interface. The problem was that both pages refered to
each other. I was suprised that so little was written about this on the web.
I even posted my results so that other could benifit. It's a humble effort,
but i hope it will help some.