Operator Overloading

rn...@rediffmail.com

Oct 9, 2007, 4:27:44 PM10/9/07
I use VB.NET to create ASP.NET apps. If I am not wrong, there is
something called method overloading in VB.NET (like in C#) which is
one of the features in OOP (polymorphism) but does VB.NET also include
operator overloading like C# does?

Ron

Scott M.

Oct 9, 2007, 4:49:57 PM10/9/07
First you should understand that overloading is not a C# or VB .NET concept,
it's an OOP concept. Second overloading is not polymorphism, nor does using
it necessarially mean polymorphism is taking place.

VB .NET has always had the ability to overload properites and methods. But
yes, in VB .NET 2005 the ability to overload an operator (=,+,-, etc.) has
been added.

This Google search returns many articles discussing it:

http://www.google.com/search?q=vb+.net+2005+operator+overloading&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

-Scott

<rn...@rediffmail.com> wrote in message

Oct 9, 2007, 7:51:10 PM10/9/07
Yes, you can create overloaded method parameters in both VB.NET and C#.
VB.NET even makes it a little easier with optional parameters.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,