Database Authentication

Cindy

Jul 28, 2006, 5:46:58 PM7/28/06
Does anyone have a link to some **database** (SQL Server)
username/password authentication in **VB** that I can use for my
project?

Thanks.

Cindy

Norman Yuan

Jul 29, 2006, 11:16:07 AM7/29/06
SQL Server has its own security rules. Your applications (in VB, or other
lang.) simply follow those rules. Basically, you only need to choose to use
"UserName/Password" pair on the connectionString (SQL Server security) or
not to use(Windows security). You need to study SQL Server to undestand how
security is handled in SQL Server, not VB.

"Cindy" <cind...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Cindy

Jul 29, 2006, 12:51:15 PM7/29/06
See my "second send" of the same thread. I know how to connect to SQL
Server. I am looking for some piece of code that will send the user to
a login/registration page at will, before being allowed to enter a
particular page. Why is this so difficult?