Looking for a Wiki-engine for ASP.net

Alexey Smirnov

Apr 12, 2007, 4:52:02 AM4/12/07
Can someone suggest me a good light-weight free Wiki-engine?
A source on C# is a plus :-)

Any is help appreciated.

Magnum

Apr 12, 2007, 9:20:02 AM4/12/07
FlexWiki - <http://www.flexwiki.com>. I am currently looking into this myself.

- magnum

Juan T. Llibre

Apr 12, 2007, 11:09:23 AM4/12/07
FlexWiki is good, although it may be overkill.

The 1.8 version is stable, but outdated. It runs on ASP.NET 1.1

There's a 2.0 beta, dated Nov. 2006, at :
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=113273

Rolling your own Wiki doesn't look too complicated.

Hector Correa wrote a good article on doing that :
http://www.devx.com/codemag/Article/20648?type=kbArticle&trk=MSCP

Hector has free source code and proof-of-concept for the Wiki at:
http://hectorcorrea.s27.dotnetsql.com/dotwiki/Default.aspx?topic=DotWikiSourceCode

ScrewTurn Wiki is another, not-overly-complicated work in progress :
http://www.screwturn.eu/Default.aspx

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Magnum" <mag...@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message

Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)

Apr 12, 2007, 12:29:50 PM4/12/07
Flex wiki, mentioned in the thread, is the best known open source wiki for
.NET.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!
"Alexey Smirnov" <alexey....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Juan T. Llibre

Apr 12, 2007, 12:57:07 PM4/12/07
With the caveats that the stable version only works with ASP.NET 1.1,
and that the 2.0 version hasn't been updated since November, 2006.

I find it a bit top-heavy and -consequently-
more difficult to customize, but it has many good features.

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <NoSpamM...@comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote in message

> Flex wiki, mentioned in the thread, is the best known open source wiki for .NET.

> Gregory A. Beamer

Alexey Smirnov

Apr 13, 2007, 5:17:36 AM4/13/07
On Apr 12, 6:57 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <nomailrepl...@nowhere.com>
wrote:

> With the caveats that the stable version only works with ASP.NET 1.1,
> and that the 2.0 version hasn't been updated since November, 2006.
>
> I find it a bit top-heavy and -consequently-
> more difficult to customize, but it has many good features.
>
> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
> foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
> ===================================
> "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <NoSpamMgbwo...@comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote in messagenews:OcBUh%23RfHH...@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

> > Flex wiki, mentioned in the thread, is the best known open source wiki for .NET.
> > Gregory A. Beamer
> > "Alexey Smirnov" <alexey.smir...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Can someone suggest me a good light-weight free Wiki-engine?
> >> A source on C# is a plus :-)
>
> >> Any is help appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

I need it for a project where a customer would need to write a help
file. The project is quite small and that's why I need something light
and very basic.

Thank you all for replies, will keep you posted regarding my choice.