What is Invalid_Viewstate_Client_Disconnected?

billsempf...@discussions.microsoft.com

Sep 23, 2004, 10:55:06 PM9/23/04

I just deployed a new web and my global error handler is sending me back of
ton of nessages that say "Invalid_Viewstate_Client_Disconnected" complete
with a complete copy of the viewstate - very helpful I am sure. I can't seem
to duplicate the problem. What's up?

Brian D.

Oct 15, 2004, 10:01:40 AM10/15/04
We are getting this too, and can't reproduce ...

Invalid_Viewstate_Client_Disconnected Client IP: 10.6.174.41 Port:
1639 User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;
.NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ViewState:

please help

Guest

Oct 20, 2004, 9:28:46 AM10/20/04

> We are getting this too, and can't reproduce ...
>
> Invalid_Viewstate_Client_Disconnected Client IP: 10.6.174.41 Port:
> 1639 User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;

> ..NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ViewState:
>
> please help

We called MS about this error and after some work with their engineers found that the problem is that a client PC is clicking stop, closing the browser, etc while sending back the view state to the server. This tends to be very evident when the view state gets real large. Their advise was to go with shorter view states or ignore the error.

User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)