change default file extentions in FileUpload Control

1 view

Monica

Feb 25, 2007, 10:49:05 AM2/25/07

I want when I click on Browse button (FileUpload Control), I see just image
extensions not anything else.

How can I do this?

Thanks,
Monica

Alexey Smirnov

Feb 25, 2007, 12:28:05 PM2/25/07
On Feb 25, 4:49 pm, Monica <Mon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want when I click on Browse button (FileUpload Control), I see just image
> extensions not anything else.

No, you cannot. You can only check if selected file has correct
extension either by using validation controls, or on the server-side.

Check this:

Listing 3. Using validation controls to restrict the types of files
uploaded to the server
Listing 4. Checking the file type on the server

MasterGaurav (www.edujini-labs.com)

Feb 25, 2007, 9:04:00 PM2/25/07
> I want when I click on Browse button (FileUpload Control), I see just
> image
> extensions not anything else.

Not possible. The File-dialog is browser specific and not HTML specific.

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com