ASP.NET and Window XP Home Edition

david c.

Jan 25, 2005, 8:41:02 AM1/25/05

Please tell me if there is some way to practice ASP.NET application in my
computer which has Window XP Home Edition?...The ASP.NET manual told me that
its application can only run on Window XP professional. I cannot get risk of
what I have in my hard drive to reinstall the XP professional version.

I appriciate any help.

Thanks,
david c.

REMOVE @removeopenmymindremovemetoo.andmenet Karl Seguin

Jan 25, 2005, 8:56:12 AM1/25/05
David:
You have everything you need except for a webserver. You can use the
Microsoft Cassini Web Server:
http://www.asp.net/Projects/Cassini/Download/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

or you can attempt to follow:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general/msg/97df7903d9b477d8

but that isn't supported <insert disclaimer here> sorta thing...

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"david c." <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Tom Kaminski [MVP] A@T D.O.T

Jan 25, 2005, 9:00:03 AM1/25/05
"david c." <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please tell me if there is some way to practice ASP.NET application in my
> computer which has Window XP Home Edition?...The ASP.NET manual told me
that
> its application can only run on Window XP professional. I cannot get risk
of
> what I have in my hard drive to reinstall the XP professional version.

Web Matrix will allow you to develop ASP.NET on XP Home:
http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=46

REMOVE @removeopenmymindremovemetoo.andmenet Karl Seguin

Jan 25, 2005, 9:24:57 AM1/25/05
Neat,
Didn't know web matrix had it's own built-in webserver (looking at the FAQ i
see it does).

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message

Ivan Belov

Jan 25, 2005, 9:42:50 AM1/25/05
> Neat,
> Didn't know web matrix had it's own built-in webserver (looking at the FAQ
> see it does).

It's actually the same Cassini thingie you mentioned earlier. :))

/Ivan Belov/

david c.

Jan 25, 2005, 3:17:05 PM1/25/05
Thank you everyone for your quick response. I will try your suggestion
tonight.

Your help is very thoughtful and being appreciated. I will get back to our
group soon.

david c.