Email error -- CDO.Message Object, could not access

Charles

Aug 18, 2003, 4:47:24 PM8/18/03
Can anyone help me with this error.
"Could not access 'CDO.Message' object."

This is from the: "SmtpMail.Send(mailMsg)" command.

MS News (MS ILM)

Aug 18, 2003, 5:11:27 PM8/18/03
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "[your mail server here]"
Show us more code

"Charles" <cwil...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Charles Wildner

Aug 18, 2003, 6:04:20 PM8/18/03

ok,

Dim mailMsg As New MailMessage()
With mailMsg
.From = txtFrom.Text.Trim
.To = txtTo.Text.Trim
.Cc = txtCC.Text.Trim
.Bcc = txtBCC.Text.Trim
.Subject = txtSubject.Text.Trim
.Body = sb.ToString
.Priority = CType(cboPriority.SelectedIndex, MailPriority)

If Not IsNothing(arlAttachments) Then
Dim mailAttachment As Object
For Each mailAttachment In arlAttachments
.Attachments.Add(mailAttachment)
Next
End If
End With

SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "127.0.0.1"
' " I have tried SmtpMail.SmtpServer = weiserver, localhost, smarthost,
and 127.0.0.1 "
SmtpMail.Send(mailMsg)

always the same error and my default SMTP virtual server is running.

MS News (MS ILM)

Aug 18, 2003, 6:10:03 PM8/18/03
Have you tried SmtpMail.SmtpServer = ""?

"Charles Wildner" <cwil...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Agusitn Rodriguez

Aug 18, 2003, 8:34:09 PM8/18/03
I was able to fix many CDO exception related problems like "Could ot
access 'CDO.Message' object" in addition to others by using the following
work around.

<smtpMailObject>.smtpserver.insert(0,"server name")

insted of

<smtpMailObject>.smtpserver = "server name"

Agustin.

"MS News (MS ILM)" <sql_ag...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

MS News (MS ILM)

Aug 18, 2003, 8:52:36 PM8/18/03
Agusitn,

You are the best.
Thank you. How did you come up with this?
What is the reasoning behind it working.
Is this a SmtpServer Collection that the system will try until it finds a
good one??

Thanks

"Agusitn Rodriguez" <kansas.d...@cox.com> wrote in message

Agusitn Rodriguez

Aug 18, 2003, 9:49:27 PM8/18/03
How did you come up with this? & What is the reasoning behind it working.
- Well the way I figure is that since insert is an inherited method from
string class it would be like accessing and updating the property value from
within

Is this a SmtpServer Collection that the system will try until it finds a
good one??

No, But but you can handle exceptions and have the property updated to the
next server on a list and retry.