REPOST: Gridview ImageButton causes double postback

Tim_Mac

Feb 13, 2006, 1:09:31 PM2/13/06
Hello,
this message was posted in december 2005 and Steven Cheng from MS followed it up with me to a point, before the thread trailed off.

several other newsgroup users have since confirmed the bug/behaviour described, and it is very easy to reproduce.  There is a hack/workaround but it is very unsatisfactory, and this will continue to cause problems for users in the future unless it is acknowledged as a bug and fixed in the next service pack.  I would appreciate a response from the MS camp if possible.

Thank you.
Tim Mackey.

Yuan Ren[MSFT]

Feb 13, 2006, 9:53:50 PM2/13/06
Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting!

I have performed the test from the code you supplied in the previous
threads. Unfortunately, I haven't reproduced the current issue.

>"several other newsgroup users have since confirmed the bug/behaviour
described, and it is very easy to reproduce"

As you mentioned, if the issue is very easy to repro, could you please
supply a simple demo as zipped format and send it to me? My alias is
v-y...@online.microsoft.com (remove .online). If this is not inconvenience,
could you please supply some steps to repro? Thanks for your understanding.

I'm looking forward your reply!

Regards,

Yuan Ren [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Support

Tim_Mac

Feb 14, 2006, 6:28:39 AM2/14/06
hi Yuan,
thank you for the reply. i can certainly send you the source files,
but please understand that i have already been through the loops with
Steven Chang. i sent him the source files, HTTP trace logs etc. if
coordination at your end is difficult then i can send you the files
aswell.

by the way, in my experience, the incorrect behaviour happens about one
third or half of the time with Internet Explorer 6, so you might have
to do several postbacks to get it to happen.

thanks
tim

Message has been deleted

manuel0081

Feb 15, 2006, 9:36:30 AM2/15/06
I confirm this problem, please help us to solve this bug. In this
moment i solve using the solution of the other post...

Yuan Ren[MSFT]

Feb 15, 2006, 9:46:23 PM2/15/06
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply!

Please send the source file to me. My alias is v-y...@online.microsoft.com
(remove .online).

Additionally, I have performed some related research for the current issue.
Since I don't know the content of the .cs file, I just want you to remove
the "OnRowCommand="GridView1_RowCommand">" in the "<asp:GridView>" tag.
After this, please try again to find whether the problem will be resolved.

manuel0081

Feb 16, 2006, 2:53:33 AM2/16/06
protected void GridView1_RowCommand(object sender,
GridViewCommandEventArgs e)
{
WriteFile(e.CommandName.ToString()+ " " +
e.CommandArgument.ToString() + " ContentLength=" +
Request.ContentLength.ToString() + " NVar="
+Request.Form.Count.ToString()+ " ");
if (Request.ContentLength == 1636)
WriteFile("- " + Request["x"].ToString() +" " +
Request["y"].ToString());
Request.SaveAs(@"C:\Prova\request" + DateTime.Now.ToFileTime()
+ ".txt",true);

}

I send you the project. It's a debug project! It will write some files
with the different request from whict you can note that it sometimes
will be 2 (of different length)!!!
This happens because one contains x and y coordinates of the mouse
The roweditingcommand is not needed, you can delete it (it's empty)

Thanks,
Ema

manuel0081

Feb 21, 2006, 10:32:30 AM2/21/06