TransactionScope - Unable to get error message (6106)

BigLuzer

May 8, 2007, 10:46:32 AM5/8/07
hi

using the new TransactionScope class in .NET 2.0, we occasionally get
an "Unable to get error message (6106) message" returned from .net,
after (it seems) 60 seconds.

we are connecting to Oracle 9.2.0.5 database, with the same version
client.

it happens approx 10% of the time.

has anyone else seen this?
google turned up nothing...

thanks
cj

BigLuzer

May 8, 2007, 10:51:13 AM5/8/07
sample code, using business classes:

using (TransactionScope scope = new TransactionScope())

{

decimal dec1 = SiteProvider.BusinessObject.SaveToDB();

foreach (Item i in BO.Items)

{

//save children to DB in scope

decimal dec2 = SiteProvider.BusinessObject.SaveChildToDB();

}

scope.Complete();

return dec1;

}