Does Windows Include the Jet OLE DB provider?

TC

May 28, 2008, 1:21:32 PM5/28/08
I'm looking for a straight answer to this question: Does Windows
automatically include the Jet OLE DB provider?

I've found it very difficult to get an answer. I found two Microsoft
articles which seem to address the question (http://
support.microsoft.com/kb/271908 and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239114),
but they are confusing and contradictory. When I search the Usenet, I
find posts which say an up-to-date version of Windows automatically
has Jet, but I also find posts which explain how to install it when it
is missing.

Can anyone give me a definitive yes or no?

-TC

P.S. Note that I've danced around this question with posts in several
newsgroups. Please forgive me for cross-posting.

TC

May 29, 2008, 10:04:44 AM5/29/08
On May 28, 10:21 am, TC <golemdan...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a straight answer to this question: Does Windows
> automatically include the Jet OLE DB provider?
>
> I've found it very difficult to get an answer. I found two Microsoft
> articles which seem to address the question (http://
> support.microsoft.com/kb/271908 andhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/239114),

> but they are confusing and contradictory. When I search the Usenet, I
> find posts which say an up-to-date version of Windows automatically
> has Jet, but I also find posts which explain how to install it when it
> is missing.
>
> Can anyone give me a definitive yes or no?
>
> -TC
>
> P.S. Note that I've danced around this question with posts in several
> newsgroups. Please forgive me for cross-posting.

After talking to some people offline, I now have an answer to my
question: Yes, Windows automatically includes Jet and the Jet OLE DB
provider.