Query problem with Regional and Language options

BillB

Apr 7, 2005, 1:43:02 AM4/7/05
I am having a problem running queries when regional and language options are
set differently. I have a simple query (i.e. SELECT Backups.NextBackupTime
FROM Backups;) that works fine when I have set my regional and language
option to English (or French, Spanish, Finnish and a few others), but fails
when I set the regional and language option to Welsh, Tartar, Tswana and a
few others. The message that I am getting back is:

“System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine could
not find the object 'NextBackupTime'. Make sure the object exists and that
you spell its name and the path name correctly.”

If I change the query to be:
"SELECT Backups.NextBackupTime, Backups.NumberToKeep FROM Backups;" then I
get the following error:

“System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine could
not find the object 'Expr1001'. Make sure the object exists and that you
spell its name and the path name correctly.”

This problem seems to happen regardless of the datatypes being returned from
the database - I have tried to query text fields as well with similar results.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to have the query
work for any of the regional and language settings?

Thanks.

Microsoft

Apr 7, 2005, 11:01:07 AM4/7/05
Hi Bill,
Try to have the format of the DateTime to "yyyy/MM/dd", cos Access and SQL,
may not return data depanding on the culture.
Hope that Helps
"BillB" <Bi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

BillB

Apr 7, 2005, 12:53:03 PM4/7/05
Hi. Thanks for your reply, however, I can run into the same problem even if
I am just trying to return the value of a database field that is only text.
For example, the following query:

SELECT Backups.BackupLocation FROM Backups;

will return the same type of error:

"System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine could

not find the object 'BackupLocation'. Make sure the object exists and that

you spell its name and the path name correctly."

and the datatype is Text and the size is 250 (Using Access). It doesn't
seem to matter what the datatype is that I am returning. I even created a
small table that had only one field of type text and the same problem
happened.

Thanks.