MSACCESS repromting for MySQL Connector/ODBC settings

Prz@discussions.microsoft.com Jim Prz

Jul 8, 2008, 6:47:01 PM7/8/08
I have installed MySQL Connector/ODBC version 5.1 (
mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.4-win32.msi) and have created a MS Access front end
for reporting. I linked in the tables with the password saved.

The problem is that after I close the ACCESS database and reopen it - I get
reprompted for the connection information.

My only work around is to relink a table vial that dsn and everything works
fine.

Any Ideas??

Pak-Ming Cheung [MSFT]

Jul 10, 2008, 3:15:00 AM7/10/08
Access Forum may be more appropriate for this problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages&cat=en_US_7b5272b3-ce05-44bc-9693-e58136c0fcb5&lang=en&cr=US

Ming.
MDAC Team, Microsoft.

Mary Chipman [MSFT]

Jul 10, 2008, 11:37:41 AM7/10/08
This is not a bad thing -- you don't want Access to persist the user
name and password, which it does in clear text, which is a giant
security hole waiting to be exploited by an attacker. Write a
procedure that relinks all of the tables on startup, supplying the
user name and password at runtime. This code can run in the startup
form. You can optionally run code to delete the linked tables when the
application shuts down. To do that, hide the startup form after
logging in and run the de-link code in the Close event.

--Mary