error installing CRM 4.0

Heinrich

Feb 3, 2008, 7:32:37 AM2/3/08
Hello,
I'm getting an error when installing CRM 4.0 (I translated from German
language):

---------------------
Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed.
Windows NT user or group NT-AUTORITÄT\NETZWERKDIENST ' not found. Check the
name again
---------------------
The CRM-Server is a Windows 2003-Server SP2 german. The SQL-Server is also a
Windows 2003-Server SP2, but in English and 64Bit.
On the SQL-Server there exists a User 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE', that
the English equivalent for the network service.
Is it possible, that the difference of the languages is responsible for this
error?

Regards

Heinrich

And for the files the extract of the according setup-log:
---------------------
18:10:20| Info| File = Upgrade\UpgradeEA2.sql, Message = Upgrade settings,
Target = All
18:10:20| Info| File = Scripts\Features.sql, Message = Add features.,
Target = All
18:10:20| Info| Installing Sql Jobs ...
18:10:21| Info| Executing Install action:
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction
18:10:21| Error| System.Exception: Fehler bei der Aktion
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction. --->
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Der Windows NT-Benutzer oder die -Gruppe
'NT-AUTORITÄT\NETZWERKDIENST' wurde nicht gefunden. Überprüfen Sie den Namen
bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception,
Boolean breakConnection) bei
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception,
Boolean breakConnection) bei
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject
stateObj) bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior,
SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet
bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) bei
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds,
RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) bei
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method,
DbAsyncResult result)
bei
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult
result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) bei
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() bei
Microsoft.Crm.CrmDbConnection.InternalExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand command)
bei Microsoft.Crm.CrmDbConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand command,
Boolean impersonate) bei
Microsoft.Crm.CrmDbConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand command) bei
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.SharedDatabaseUtility.CreateLogin(CrmDbConnection
connection, String user, Boolean enableTrace) bei
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.SharedDatabaseUtility.GrantDBReaderAccess(String
sqlServerName, String databaseName, String user, CrmDBConnectionType
connectionType) bei
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.SharedDatabaseUtility.GrantConfigDBReaderAccess(String
sqlServerName, String databaseName, String user) bei
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.SqlUtility.GrantSrsServiceAccountAccessToConfigDB(String
sqlServerName, String sqlMachineName, String databaseName, Uri rsUri) bei
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction.Do(IDictionary
parameters) bei Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action
action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---, Error, RetryCancel,
Option1
---------------------

Patrick

Feb 6, 2008, 6:07:07 AM2/6/08

I get the same error.
We have a german version of CRM 4.0 and SQL Server 2005.
But I can see that some updates of SQL Server 2005 are on english.

gseagull

Feb 8, 2008, 7:10:59 AM2/8/08
On 6 Feb., 12:07, Patrick <Patr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> [...]

> > connection, Stringuser, Boolean enableTrace)   bei
> > Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.SharedDatabaseUtility.GrantDBReaderAccess(Stri­ng
> > sqlServerName, String databaseName, Stringuser, CrmDBConnectionType
> > connectionType)   bei
> > Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.SharedDatabaseUtility.GrantConfigDBReaderAcces­s(String

> > sqlServerName, String databaseName, Stringuser)   bei
> > Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.SqlUtility.GrantSrsServiceAccountAccessT­oConfigDB(String
> > sqlServerName, String sqlMachineName, String databaseName, Uri rsUri)   bei
> > Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction.Do(IDictionary
> > parameters)   bei Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action
> > action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
> >    --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---, Error, RetryCancel,

We've got the same error ...
We are using Windows 2003 for CRM 4.0, a Windows 2000 machine for SQL
Server and Reporting and another 2003 server (small business server)
for AD, DNS, etc...

Heinrich

Feb 9, 2008, 6:55:15 AM2/9/08
Hello,

nice to have some fellers =8)

Well, it would be nice if someone of MS has an idea what do do.

regards

Henry

rba...@cosource.com.au

Feb 19, 2008, 7:02:31 PM2/19/08

Hi there,

I was having a similar problem when I was using the CRM Redeployment
tool for MS CRM 3. The problem for me was the following...

1) The redeployment tool created a user called Network Service
2) When you install CRM it checks to see if the user NT Authority
\Network Service exists, now because it doesn't exist it tries to
create this. The problem is there is already a login created called NT
Authority\Network Service.
3) Solution is to delete the Network Service database username from
both the CRM database, and the CRM Meta Database. Then manually create
a new database user called NT Authority\Network Service in both
databases.

It tooks me a couple of days to work this out. If you find you keep
getting this error, start up SQL Profiler so you can see which user it
is trying to create.

Hope this helps...

Richard

Heinrich

Feb 28, 2008, 1:39:50 PM2/28/08
Thank you for your answer.

I will try your tip next week out.

Regards
Henry

<rba...@cosource.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hi there,
>
> I was having a similar problem when I was using the CRM Redeployment
> tool for MS CRM 3. The problem for me was the following...

[...]