CRM 4 email router not functioning

Shan McArthur

Jan 8, 2008, 12:21:27 PM1/8/08
Hello,

I have deployed the email router, with an incoming configuration profile
configured with exchange and an outgoing one for smtp. I have configured a
deployment and can "load data". When I click on "test access" it reports a
problem with the incoming email. I have confirmed that my CRM account is
configured to use the email router, not outlook for email routing. I can
also confirm that outbound emails are not getting delivered by the email
router. They will only get delivered if I switch my account to use the
outlook CRM client.

I see the following errors in my event log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSCRMEmail
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 1/8/2008
Time: 10:40:06 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ADCRM
#26090 - An error occurred while opening mailbox <my emai address>.
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad
Request.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.SubmitXmlCommand(HttpWebRequest
httpWebRequest, String body)
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.RetrieveInboxUri()
at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.OpenMailbox()
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()

Any ideas as to how to troubleshoot this further? I have confirmed that the
exchange url is working on the box that I installed the CRM email gateway.
I also installed the MAPI/CDO client on the machine.

Thanks,
Shan McArthur - VP, Technology
ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5
Tel: 306.569.6502 | Toll-Free: 800.508.7811 ext. 502 | Fax: 306.569.8518

@VGroupby1

Jan 18, 2008, 3:12:00 AM1/18/08
Shan,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am seeing with my CRM 4.0 router also.
Incoming works, outgoing doesn't, exact same error log...

Gastón Groel

Feb 1, 2008, 3:06:32 PM2/1/08
In my CRM 4 also happen (Inbound WORKS!!!, DON'T Outbound)

JFitton

Feb 2, 2008, 6:08:00 PM2/2/08
Hi have you made sure the CRM server that has the Email router is allowed to
relay through the Email server?

knox203

Feb 3, 2008, 7:52:30 PM2/3/08
Has anyone resolved this issue? I have the same thing happening to me on my
installation. Can't figure it out!!

- Adam

Steve Noe

Feb 4, 2008, 4:51:01 PM2/4/08
Any luck with this one. We just redeployed our SBS box (exchange) and it
broke the CRM 4.0 Email router with the same symptoms.
--
Thanks,

Steve Noe, SBSC, MBSCM/CRM, MCT, MCTS-SQL

Shan McArthur

Feb 6, 2008, 4:49:38 PM2/6/08
I had to use domain admin credentials and a system administrator account in
the CRM to get it to work. It works, so I went on to other tasks, but I
still want to resolve this issue by using an account with limited
permissions. The security requirements should be documented better.

Shan McArthur - VP, Technology
ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5
Tel: 306.569.6502 | Toll-Free: 800.508.7811 ext. 502 | Fax: 306.569.8518

"Shan McArthur" <shan_m...@spamcop.net> wrote in message

Steve Noe

Feb 6, 2008, 5:25:01 PM2/6/08
We got around ours by using local account but installing router on same box
as exchange.