ASP.net Exception Upgrade 3.0->4.0

Robert Wenstrand

Jan 21, 2008, 7:27:58 PM1/21/08
I've set up a couple dev instances of our live CRM 3.0 installation and I
get a blank screen with "Invalid Argument" whenever I attempt to login. It
also logs an unhandled asp .net exception whenver I try.

I thought it might be my upgraded tables but it seems to happen even if I
create a new organization with deployment manager and make it the default.

Here's the event log:
Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 1/21/2008 4:20:29 PM
Event time (UTC): 1/22/2008 12:20:29 AM
Event ID: e208a5c4c9ef4ce691ca4eb8ee2e4ed7
Event sequence: 115
Event occurrence: 37
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-128454315839361700
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\
Machine name: CRM-DEV

Process information:
Process ID: 976
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
Exception type: CrmArgumentException
Exception message: Message name 'Assign' does not exist.

Request information:
Request URL: http://crm-dev:5555/default.aspx
Request path: /default.aspx
User host address: 192.168.1.132
User: LASER\Administrator
Is authenticated: True
Authentication Type: Negotiate
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
Thread ID: 5
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at
Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.SdkMessageProcessingStepServiceInternal`1.GetSdkMessageId(String
messageName, ExecutionContext context)
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.V3CalloutImporter.CreateLockRequest()
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.V3CalloutImporter.InternalImport()
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.V3CalloutImporter.Import()
at Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.CrmAuthenticationSoapExtensionBase..cctor()

Custom event details:

Kenichiro Nakamura

Jan 21, 2008, 11:56:34 PM1/21/08
Hi Robert.

Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support.

Unfortunately, due to the complexity of this issue we are unable to
effectively assist with this request in the newsgroups.

I would like to suggest that you contact Microsoft Customer Service and
Support services via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can
assist with this request. Please be advised that contacting phone support
will be a charged call. However, if you are simply requesting a hotfix be
sent to you and no other support then charges are usually refunded or
waived.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a
look at the web site listed below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com
for regional support phone numbers.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards,
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

Robert MacLean

Jan 22, 2008, 1:27:20 AM1/22/08
> Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.SdkMessageProcessingStepServiceInternal`1.GetSdkM­essageId(String

> messageName, ExecutionContext context)
>    at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.V3CalloutImporter.CreateLockRequest()
>    at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.V3CalloutImporter.InternalImport()
>    at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.V3CalloutImporter.Import()
>    at Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.CrmAuthenticationSoapExtensionBase..cctor()
>
> Custom event details:
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center athttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The interesting bit is that thread info at the end, do you have any
call outs/plug-in's or workflow assemblies installed? Seems it is
trying to do something with those and failing. Another thing to check
is maybe it needs the bin folder even if there is none.

--
Robert MacLean
http://www.sadev.co.za

Robert Wenstrand

Jan 22, 2008, 12:06:18 PM1/22/08
>The interesting bit is that thread info at the end, do you have any
>call outs/plug-in's or workflow assemblies installed? Seems it is
>trying to do something with those and failing. Another thing to check
>is maybe it needs the bin folder even if there is none.

I think I'm going to re-image the dev machines from live again but this time
uninstall all of the 3.0 addins and customizations prior to upgrade. We do
have a couple of add-ons and customizations built into our 3.0 system such
as C360 WordMailMerge and the group1 data quality adapter. The only
workflows we have in-place in the current system are manually activated ones
to move case items into different queues. Nothing automatic or overly
complex.

I also thought I read somewhere that 4.0 pulls in the isv.config.xml into
the tables somewhere. We have an extensively customized isv.config and was
worried that this might have been the problem since I don't have access

One other thing that I tried was running the SQL profiler to see if any of
the queries that were run while connecting to the system were causing errors
of any kind. They weren't throwing errors and the data being queried seemed
reasonable.

AJ

Jan 23, 2008, 12:18:01 AM1/23/08
Can you please check SdkMessage table in organization database? It should
have 100 - 200 rows. Looks like some the database in question does not have
any (or at least does not have one where Name = 'Assign'). This table is
supposed to be populated during upgrade. Does upgrade work fine without any
error?

Robert Wenstrand

Jan 23, 2008, 12:09:21 PM1/23/08
SdkMessage tables are empty. All of them. I imagine the upgrade failed.

"AJ" <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

AJ

Jan 23, 2008, 12:21:02 PM1/23/08
I see. For the record, which build of V4 are you using?

Robert Wenstrand

Jan 23, 2008, 1:27:50 PM1/23/08

>I see. For the record, which build of V4 are you using?

I wasn't able to locate a build number anywhere but its the version
downloadable off of technet. The source updater at the beginning of the
install failed to find any updates so I assumed it was the most recent
build.

I went through the whole exercise a second time and got it to fail during
the upgrade process. Hopefully some useful error information. If no one has
any ideas, I might just wait until I get disks here.

10:20:26| Error| System.Exception: Action
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. --->
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value,
Boolean add)
at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.LabelCollection..ctor(XmlNodeList nodes, String
collectionName, String labelName)
at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportHelper.CreateLabels(XmlNode
entityNode, String labelPluralName, String labelSingularName, Guid objectId,
String objectColumnName)
at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportEntityHandler.CreateUpdateAttributes(ArrayList
attributesList, ArrayList delayedAttributes, Hashtable nameToGuidTable,
MetadataHelper metadataHelper, EntityMetadata entityMetadata,
EntityDescriptionPropertyBag entityDescription, Guid entityId, Boolean
createEntity)
at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportEntityHandler.CreateEntityAndAttributesFromNode(XmlNode
entityNode)
at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportEntityHandler.ImportItem()
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportHandler.Import()
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.RootImportHandler.RunImport()
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportXml.RunImport()
at
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.NewOrgUtility.OrganizationImportDefaultData(Guid
organizationId, Version existingDatabaseVersion, String importFile)
at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction.Do(IDictionary
parameters)
at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action,
IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---, Error, RetryCancel, Option1

Kenichiro Nakamura

Feb 5, 2008, 2:27:49 AM2/5/08
Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!
Regards

Kenichiro Nakamura

Feb 7, 2008, 12:00:56 AM2/7/08

I am emailing to tell you that I will be closing this post today. Thank you
for using Microsoft Newsgroups!