Customizing 3.0 Marketing List Members View

Rocco P

Jan 5, 2006, 4:31:04 PM1/5/06
When I open a Marketing List and click on Members, a view of the lists
members is displayed.

I would like to add a column to the list from the Contact record. Is this
possible?

Thanks

scotthad...@discussions.microsoft.com

Jan 19, 2006, 12:58:01 AM1/19/06
I'm trying to do the same thing. If I use Advanced Find to create my list
(from leads in my case), it allows me to select columns. However, when my
Marketing List Members list is displayed, the columns appear fixed, showing
Name, Business Phone, and City. I can't find anywhere in the entities to
change this. It's not very useful as is.

Dave Carr

Jan 19, 2006, 12:22:01 PM1/19/06
You sure can, guys! You just have to use the same hack we used to
modify views in 1.2...

To modify the Marketing List Members view for a Contact list, do the
following:

1) First, notice that there are three types of Marketing Lists: those
that hold Contacts, Accounts, and Leads. Make a note of which type you
are looking at. Also notice that in the upper right there are three
views: All Members, Active Members, and Inactive Members. (So, there
are NINE views you can possibly modify - just make sure you know which
one you are trying to modify). I am going to modify the All Members
view for Contacts in this example.

2) In SQL Query Manager, in the MSCRM DB, Run:

select * from savedquerybase where name like '%mem%'

This will give you the views you care about: for example, you can see
three views with "All Members" as the name. If you scroll over to the
right 5 columns from the name, you'll see a field called
"ReturnedTypeCode". It will have values of 1 (Account), 2 (Contact),
or 4 (Lead). (These correspond to the ObjectTypeCodes of these
objects.)

3) Find the name of the view you want to modify, with the proper
ReturnedTypeCode (I am modifying the All Members view for
REturnedTypeCode of 2). Scroll all the way left, and copy (CTRL/C) the
GUID in the SavedQueryID column that is associated with the Name and
REturnedTypeCode you want to modify.

4) Go to Settings / Customize Entities, double-click on any
customizable entity (e.g. Contacts), click on Forms and Views, pick any
view. This will open the view editor for you.

5) Hold down the CTRL key and press the N key. This will open up a new
window with the URL address viewable. Select the GUID at the end of
that line, leaving the { and } brackets, and hit CTRL/V to paste the
contents of the GUID you copied in step 3 into this URL. Press the
Enter key. This will bring up the view you want to modify.

6) Add Columns (I added Parent Customer, so I can view the company name
on this list), Configure Sorting, etc. as usual, and Save and Close.
Click Yes when it asks if you want to close the window.

7) In the Customize Entities view, under More Actions, select Publish
All Customizations.

8) Go to Marketing \ Marketing Lists, and open any list that has the
word "Contact" in the second column (Marketing List Member Type).
Click on the Marketing List Members tab. As the All Members view
displays by default, you will now see the Parent Customer field (or any
others you have added) in that view.

Repeat steps 3-6 for each view you want to modify, and you should be
all set... (I'm on a roll today ;-)

Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
http://www.vscrm.com
971-327-6944

For a free, fully functional demo version of VAST, the Microsoft CRM
auditing solution, please visit
http://www.vscrm.com/vast_download_page.php

scotthad...@discussions.microsoft.com

Jan 19, 2006, 4:22:02 PM1/19/06
Thanks Dave, I'll give it a try!

lxhiss

Feb 28, 2006, 1:05:07 AM2/28/06
Thanks Dave. Everything worked great. Much appreciated

Nick

Jul 25, 2006, 1:17:02 PM7/25/06
Thanks, that was helpful.

On a somewhat related topic, what is this "entity" is this called? I would
like to add items to the more actions menu for marketing list members but
don't know what to label it in my isv.config file.

Thanks
--
Nick

Nick

Jul 25, 2006, 1:23:02 PM7/25/06
Never mind, it is called "listmember", and I was able to modify the menu for
the marketing list members this way.

--
Nick

Anderson, Account Manager@discussions.microsoft.com Randy Anderson, Account Manager

Sep 18, 2006, 10:45:01 PM9/18/06
Dave, thank you for your insight in modifying the Allk Member View! I used
this to help a very important client today and it worked GREAT!

Randy Anderson
LeaseTeam, Inc
Ran...@LeaseTeam.com.

Marcin

Sep 28, 2006, 9:01:02 AM9/28/06
This looks like a very useful trick!!
Will try it definitly.

However, will I be able to export such customisation and deploy in another
environment?

Marcin

Brian Hall

Oct 18, 2006, 3:56:01 PM10/18/06
Wow was this ever helpful. Thanks a lot Dave for taking the time to post this.
--
Thanks,

Brian

Brian Hall

Oct 19, 2006, 2:04:02 PM10/19/06
Question,

This worked great. Is there any way to add a new view this way for marketing
member list? I tried but kept running into SQL errors with Timestamp not able
to be non-null but wouldn't accept any value, null or not.
--
Thanks,

Brian

Benno

Apr 10, 2007, 1:44:03 PM4/10/07
Unbeliveable that editing of this lists is not possible as standard function.
So thanks a lot Dave, for your handy tutorial.

Here a very smal addition for step 2, if you work with a German CRM Version.
The SQL-query to use is:
SELECT * FROM SavedQuery WHERE Name LIKE '%Mitglied%'

Benno

Kishore

Apr 30, 2007, 2:26:05 PM4/30/07

I tried to follow Dave's recommendation, I get the error trying to open
entity for customization, the error message says "Query Builder error: No
entity"

Any ideas what might be wrong ?

Thanks,

Jim Schumacher [MSFT]

Apr 22, 2008, 12:45:02 PM4/22/08
I have written a Blog on how to customize the List Members View with the
UI, please see

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/04/02/customize-marketing-list-list-member-view.aspx

Jim