Ssis and Crm

dotnetfellow

May 1, 2007, 2:00:01 PM5/1/07
Please confirm.

Ssis does not have a source/transformation/destination adapter for
connecting to Ms Crm.

Scribe is the preferred solution for interfacing with the Ms Crm Web Service
Interface.

Are there plans for an Ssis Ms Crm interface?

Michael Cross

May 2, 2007, 1:40:01 PM5/2/07
Depends on what you want to do. If it's a one-time data migration into CRM,
then you can use the Data Migration Framework and/or the Bulk Import utility.

If it's more of an ongoing integration, then Scribe is a better choice.
Otherwise, you will need to create a custom application.

Michael Cross
Navint
http://www.navint.com

dotnetfellow

May 2, 2007, 6:16:00 PM5/2/07
I was told that data migration could not be used for custom entities.

I was told that using data migration is cumbersome and does not offer useful
error messages.

Is it true?

dotnetfellow

May 2, 2007, 6:19:02 PM5/2/07
How does one become familiar with the Crm Sdk?

Also, when I downloaded the kit from the microsoft download site, I did not
find any compiled assemblies there. There were a couple of assemblies that
the sample projects appear to want to reference, but I could not find them
anywhere.

Is there a good book or guide to learning this toolkit?

Michael Cross

May 2, 2007, 8:25:00 PM5/2/07
Yes on both counts. The Data Migration Framework is definitely not the
perfect tool.

Both Scribe Insight and c360 Import Manager can be good choices for a
one-time data migration involving custom entities. They both use the CRM SDK,
so they are considered to be supported by Microsoft.

Unless you're a serious programmer, or have access to one, trying to build a
data migration solution yourself using the CRM SDK is going to be hard.

You can access the CRM SDK through the Microsoft website. Just search for it.

Michael Cross
Navint
http://www.navint.com

John O'Donnell

May 2, 2007, 11:20:19 PM5/2/07

best book outside of the offiicial microsoft training courses is this book

http://www.amazon.com/Working-Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-3-0/dp/0735622590/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-6003432-9656033?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178162360&sr=8-1

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"dotnetfellow" <dotnet...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Bruce Nicholson

May 8, 2007, 3:25:00 PM5/8/07
Hi there

We have developed an SSIS component which can connect CRM to a data
destination and visa versa. This is performed through the supported Microsoft
CRM 3.0 web service interface.

If you wish to request pricing or have any further questiosn please feel
free to contact me at: bruce (at) i5.co.za

Regards,
Bruce