MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Outlook Installation

Umar

Jan 10, 2008, 10:15:01 AM1/10/08
Hello,

I have successfully installed MS CRM server.
When I try to install "MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Outlook", it is giving "MS
Dynamics CRM for Outlook can not be installed on a computer where MS exchange
server versions prior to MS exchange server 2007 are installed".
I am using a VM with Exchange Server 2003 with SP 2.
Please let me know what am I missing.

Thanks,

Michael Höhne

Jan 10, 2008, 11:48:41 AM1/10/08
I did the same before and I'm currently setting up a new VPC image without
Exchange. As you cannot install Exchange 2007 on a 32-bit OS, I uninstalled
Exchange 2003 in my previous image but afterwards the whole thing was
broken. Instead of trying to find the issue I decided to start again without
Exchange. If I ever need a mail server for testing, I'm looking for a
minimalistic SMTP/POP3 mail server on the internet.

--
Michael Höhne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
The JavaScript Snippets Directory:
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

"Umar" <Um...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Mansoor Riaz [MSFT]

Jan 10, 2008, 5:13:03 PM1/10/08
You're not missing anything. The error is correct, this is definitely not a
supported configuration. Exchange Server prior to 2007 cannot coexist with
the Outlook Client.
Thanks,
Mansoor

Miller@discussions.microsoft.com Greg Miller

Jan 17, 2008, 5:04:02 PM1/17/08
If this is true, then why are the software requirements for Dynamics CRM 4.0
listed below....

Exchange Server
Microsoft Exchange Server is only required if you want to use the E-mail
Router to connect to an Exchange Server e-mail messaging system. To do this,
the E-mail Router can be installed on any of the previously mentioned Windows
or Windows Server operating systems that have a connection to Exchange
Server, which must be running one of the following editions:

• Exchange 2003 Standard Edition SP2
• Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2
• Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition
• Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition

Note: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server editions are not supported with these
versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router and Rule Deployment Manager.

Seems to me that Exchange 2003R2 should work fine, and I have it working on
Exchange 2003 on a SBS 2003R2.

RobC

Jan 17, 2008, 5:53:31 PM1/17/08
Far be it from me to state the obvious, but why are you trying to
install the Outlook client for CRM 4.0 on a server? This should be
installed on a workstation that has Outlook already installed. It's
very much a bad thing to have Outlook installed on the same system as
Exchange as it regularly leads to all sorts of problems!

Rob.

Greg Miller

Jan 17, 2008, 6:30:01 PM1/17/08
I don't know about the previous post, however the client that I saw was a
desktop PC with Outlook 2007. It wasn't the server at all. I'd normally
blow by the message, but it hung the installation. It was just reported
today by the user, and I'll be onsite tomorrow to dig deeper. It doesn't
make a lot of sense, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.
--
Greg

rtr...@trycatchconsulting.com

Jan 19, 2008, 11:10:03 AM1/19/08
On Jan 17, 6:30 pm, Greg Miller <GregMil...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> > Rob.- Hide quoted text -

Had the same issue, it was the management tool for exchange. It would
not install so I exported evrything under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft\Exchange, installed crm and then re-imported back in.

-R. Trotto

bnich

Jan 19, 2009, 2:17:19 PM1/19/09
Thanks for the tip. Had the same error on system requirements page. Exported and removed the registry key for exchange, ran the install again and problem solved.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng