E-mail router question for v4

Chubbly Geezer

Jun 19, 2008, 6:20:27 AM6/19/08
When I installed v3 previously I entered the E-mail router as the location
of the exchange server.

Would this still be correct for a v4 install. I'm not clear what the
"install e-mail router" option is on the install main menu?

thanks

Peter Hale

Jun 19, 2008, 6:24:55 AM6/19/08
Brfore you instal the email router for CRM4 you must remove the old email
router and all outlook clients

The CRM4 email router may reside on any computer - it is no longer
necessary to install it on the Exchange Server

Pete

"Chubbly Geezer" <chubbly...@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message

Chubbly Geezer

Jun 19, 2008, 6:37:56 AM6/19/08
I was under the impression that v3 used exchange for email sending/receiving
which is why I entered the exchange server address previously.

So with v4 I can enter for example "devserver", then install the email
router software on "devserver". The router software would then need to be
configured to use our exchange server?

Thanks

"Peter Hale" <p0...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Aamir

Jun 19, 2008, 10:49:30 AM6/19/08
You dont need to enter the name of any server when you install
CRM . Please check the document about router.

There are different way of email integration in CRM 4.0

1 = you can live without installing email router . all you need to do
is to change the settion in user profile in CRM "Email access Type
configuration". You need to choose ....outlook

2 = install exchange router and then you can change the setting from
user's profile by choosing email router or in same way you can use
forward rules.

/Aamir

Chubbly Geezer

Jun 27, 2008, 6:46:44 AM6/27/08
So I have reinstalled v4 and entered "devserver" as the location of the
email router. I have also installed the router onto "devserver".

I must however be configuring the router software incorrectly as my emails
are still not being delivered.

My exchange server is "exch01". Any advice please?

Thx

Chubbly

"Chubbly Geezer" <chubbly...@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message

Aamir Bashir

Jun 27, 2008, 7:05:17 AM6/27/08
open the email router configuration and click on "TEST" .Do u see any
error for incoming and outgoing? if you see the access denied then
check the event log for detailed error ,

/Aamir

Chubbly Geezer

Jun 27, 2008, 9:23:37 AM6/27/08
I do not have a "TEST" button..!

"Aamir Bashir" <whate...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Aamir Bashir

Jun 27, 2008, 9:31:04 AM6/27/08
Open the Email router configuration manager ,

click on the third tab"User, queues and forward mail boxes"

load the data and then

click on TEST Access

/Aamir

Chubbly Geezer

Jun 27, 2008, 10:07:28 AM6/27/08

This is what I get..

Name: Pete

Incoming Status: Failure - The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Name: ISLEXCH01

Incoming Status: Failure - The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Server: islexch01

Outgoing Status: Failure - An error occurred while checking the connection to e-mail server islexch01. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Chubbly Geezer

Jun 27, 2008, 10:15:12 AM6/27/08
Have now got a success msg for the outgoing server by adding Microsoft.CRM.Tools.EmailAgent.exe to our allowed files with McAfee.

Aamir Bashir

Jun 27, 2008, 10:21:27 AM6/27/08
Email configuration profile , you make outgoing and incoming ¨

1 = outgoing

profilenme = outgoing

Direction = Outgoing

email server type = SMTP

authentication type = windows

location = something (give the complete ONLY name of your exchange
server)...Test.something.lan

Access credential = choose Other specified

enter the user name and password . U need a account which has access
on mail boxes on exchange. Ask someone
who manage exchange .

2 = create incoming
profile Name = incoming

direction = incoming

emailservertype = exchange

location = http//Test.something.lan (name of exchange with http)

access credentail same as above (outgoing)

3 = click on deployment and enter the name of microsoft crm server
like

http://<servername> :5555/Microsoft

access credentails = local system account

default configuration =

incoming and outgoing

PS" try and post any error

/Aamir

Aamir Bashir

Jun 27, 2008, 10:23:02 AM6/27/08
Check the event log for detail error message .

/Aamir

Chubbly Geezer

Jun 27, 2008, 10:30:37 AM6/27/08
Thanks Amir.

The incoming exchange server is entered as http://exch01.isl.local
We do not however have a certificate for this. Is that a problem?

Everything else looks OK.

"Aamir Bashir" <whate...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Aamir Bashir

Jun 27, 2008, 10:37:19 AM6/27/08

I am not much in exchange . But we can trouble shoot little bit
further , what are the access credentails ?

you choose " others " `what option have been choosen by you?

when you get error for incoming then please look at event log for
detailed error. Event log always write the detailed error fro router .
You should also check the
event log of exchange as soon as you run the "Test Access".

/Aamir

Chubbly Geezer

Jun 27, 2008, 10:35:36 AM6/27/08
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSCRMEmail
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 27/06/2008
Time: 15:31:27
User: N/A
Computer: DEVSERVER
#26090 - An error occurred while opening mailbox Pe...@mycompany.com.
System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not
establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. --->
System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote
certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken
message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)
at
System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken
message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32
count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32
count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32
readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer,
[...]
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst,
Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult
lazyResult)
at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.SubmitXmlCommand(HttpWebRequest
httpWebRequest, String body)
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.RetrieveInboxUri()
at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.OpenMailbox()
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()

"Aamir Bashir" <whate...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Aamir Bashir

Jun 27, 2008, 10:51:19 AM6/27/08
I have seen this error before "An error occurred while opening mailbox
P...@mycompany.com." but not the error related to certificate.

what is the access credentails for incoming?
As i mentioned you need to choose "Other" and then enter the user name
and password . The user must be able to open the mail boxes in
exchange.
Play with Access credentails.

/Aamir

Chubbly Geezer

Jun 27, 2008, 11:17:12 AM6/27/08
OK, it appears it's all working.

1) I missed the line where you said choose 'other' for access credentials.
I have done this with the admin username/password.
2) Outgoing had SSL checked. I have removed this.

Many thanks for your help.

Chubbly

"Aamir Bashir" <whate...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Aamir Bashir

Jun 27, 2008, 12:06:05 PM6/27/08
Great to see that it is working for you.

/Aamir