How to retrieve campaignitems

Kevin Wojniak

Mar 9, 2006, 10:08:59 AM3/9/06
Hello,

From the SDK documentation, it appears that accessing the campaignitems from
a campaign is the same as any other entity. However, everytime I try to run
it, I get SOAP exceptions. Here is what I am using just to retrieve all
campaignitems (as a test). Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, this exact code works perfectly if you replace the EntityName with
another normal entitiy (such as list or campaign).

QueryExpression query = new QueryExpression();
query.EntityName = EntityName.campaignitem.ToString();
query.ColumnSet = new AllColumns();
RetrieveMultipleRequest retrieve = new RetrieveMultipleRequest();
retrieve.Query = query;
RetrieveMultipleResponse retrieved2 =
(RetrieveMultipleResponse)service.Execute(retrieve);

Thanks,
Kevin

Jeffry van de Vuurst

Mar 9, 2006, 4:38:17 PM3/9/06
Campaignitem doesn't support the RetrieveMultiple message. The only actions
you can perform on a campaignitem are AddItemCampaign and
RemoveItemCampaign.

HTH,

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility
"Kevin Wojniak" <kwoj...@revolutionsoftware.com> wrote in message

Kevin Wojniak

Mar 9, 2006, 4:53:04 PM3/9/06
Hi Jeffry,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'm just not understanding this part of the API then. How do you
access the campaignitems of a campaign then, if you cannot use
RetrieveMultiple?

Also, I noticed the same behavior for listmember and list.

Thanks,
Kevin

"Jeffry van de Vuurst" <re...@to.newsgroup> wrote in message

Jeffry van de Vuurst

Mar 9, 2006, 5:18:45 PM3/9/06
I see what you mean and I don't have an answer to that unfortunately.

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility
"Kevin Wojniak" <kwoj...@revolutionsoftware.com> wrote in message

Michael Höhne

Mar 9, 2006, 5:40:25 PM3/9/06
For list and listmember: see
http://www.stunnware.com/crm/sample%20Finding%20data%20Part%203%20-%20Link%20Entities.htm

Guess that campaign and campaign item uses the the same approach.

--
Michael
http://www.stunnware.com/crm
"Kevin Wojniak" <kwoj...@revolutionsoftware.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [...]

Jeffry van de Vuurst

Mar 10, 2006, 3:06:53 AM3/10/06
Excellent! I see now that the approach is somewhat similar to retrieving
activityparties.

Anyway, I noticed a small typo in the sample on the site that may be a bit
confusing to readers:
SELECT * FROM Account
JOIN ListMember
ON (
(Account.AccountId = ListMember.EntityId) AND
(ListMember.ListId = @accountid)
)

@accountid should be @listid.

Thanks,

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility

"Michael Höhne" <michael...@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

Michael Höhne

Mar 10, 2006, 3:30:04 AM3/10/06
Thanks Jeffry,

You're totally right. It should be @listid.

--
Michael

http://www.stunnware.com/crm

"Jeffry van de Vuurst" <re...@to.newsgroup> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Kevin Wojniak

Mar 14, 2006, 2:05:29 PM3/14/06
Thanks Michael!

I was very close to solving this earlier, and I knew I had to use
LinkEntity. But your example clarified a few steps and now it's working
perfectly for campaignitems and listmembers.

Thanks again!
Kevin