Outlook Client Without a Domain Windows Account

Jack Bender

Mar 10, 2006, 7:49:21 AM3/10/06
We have a client we they are going to offer Microsoft CRM to some of their
subcontracting partners. They would like to give these partners Outlook
Client access. They do have windows accounts created for these partners and
the partners have exchange accounts. However, the partners login to their
own domain and not the customers domain since they are at separate sites.

Is there a way to pass the domain\username and password credentials within
the Outlook client for when they are logged in another domain?

Jack Bender
Harvest Solutions

Jack Bender

Mar 10, 2006, 3:50:56 PM3/10/06
I actually found a really neat feature that is part of basic Windows
functionality that resolves this issue. On the client machine, log in as
the non-domain user account that will run the outlook client. Go to Control
Panel...User Accounts...Advanced Tab...Manage Passwords and click Add.
Next, specify the name of your CRM server (i.e. crm.domain.com) under
'Server' and the Domain\Username account your want to use under 'User name'
and the password under 'Password'.

Next make sure you add the crm server under Trusted Sites and make sure that
the option of "Automatic Login with Current username and password" is
selected under User Authentication/Logon for Trusted Sites.

Jack Bender
Harvest Solutions

"Jack Bender" <jbe...@harvestsolutions.net> wrote in message

Curt Spanburgh

Mar 13, 2006, 2:32:31 PM3/13/06
I take it that you are using a VPN to allow traffice from the Remote laptop
to the server?

Sure, the website can be trusted. Not a problem.

But have you thought about an OU or Group that you can apply a GP Object too.

Think of it as "Hosting" CRM 3.0. In addition to this you could create
mailboxes in a seperate Store and create "Contacts" in your Exchange to route
the CRM email to their outside mailboxes.

Anthony

May 24, 2006, 2:35:02 AM5/24/06
PLEASE TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help, so very much appreciated.