Outlook Deployment Issue...

Rusty

Dec 31, 2007, 1:15:01 PM12/31/07
When I try to configure the 'Offline Enabled' version of Dynamics 4, I
consistently get the following error in a modal Retry/Cancel window:

Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallPstAction failed.
LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.

What's up with that? If I try 'retry', I can't get past it. If I cancel,
the config program aborts. I saw something re: a Local User called
'Interactive' when dealing with CRM 3 - could this be a permissions issue?

Any Help out there?

Thanks!

--
Rusty

Fritz Theiss

Jan 2, 2008, 1:15:00 PM1/2/08
I had the same problem. For some reason I still had an old v3 MSCRM.PST file
included in my Outlook. Deleting it inside Outlook and restarting the wizard
solved the issue for me.
--
Fritz Theiss

Rusty

Jan 3, 2008, 12:30:01 PM1/3/08
Got it fixed...

Somehow in between doing an upgrade to v.4 and then doing a complete
uninstall/reinstall I managed to find a way to NOT blow away the Data Files…

I went into Outlook and did the following:

Tools --> Options -->’Mail Setup’ Tab -->'Email Accounts’ Button -->'Data
Files’ Tab -->Highlight the ‘Microsoft CRM- Not Available’ line and click the
REMOVE button….then,

Tools --> Options --> ’Mail Setup’ Tab --> ’Email Accounts’ Button -->
’Address Books’ Tab --> Highlight the ‘Microsoft CRM Address Book- MAPI’ line
and click the REMOVE button.

Once all of that was removed, I closed Outlook and was able to successfully
configure CRM.

--
Rusty

Radi Atanassov

Jan 23, 2008, 8:31:43 PM1/23/08
Hello Rusty,

Did you solve this issue? We are experiencing the same with one laptop.

Regards,
R.

Radi Atanassov

Jan 23, 2008, 8:50:41 PM1/23/08
I can confirm that.
I went to Control Panel -> Mail -> Data Files and got rid of everything CRM,
including an entry in the Address Books.
Restarting the install and wizard got it installed.

Regards,
Radi Atanassov