Int32 must be serializable

Greg

Oct 10, 2005, 11:47:02 AM10/10/05
I have an orchestration which consumes a web service. The web methods
all have a similar signature, i.e. public int
MyMethod(List<ComplexType> myList)

Using BizTalk 2006, the complier is throwing the following error;

'System.Int32' must be Xml serializable to be a message part type

And flags the error in the web service orchestration reference document
(Reference.odx) in the WebPortBinding section ...

module MyOrchestrations.InterfaceService.InterfaceService_
{

[Microsoft.XLANGs.BaseTypes.WebPortBinding(typeof(MyOrchestrations.InterfaceService.InterfaceService),
"MyMethod", Microsoft.XLANGs.BaseTypes.EXLangSMessageInfo.eRequest)]
public messagetype MyMethod_request
{
body
MyOrchestrations.InterfaceService.Reference.ArrayOfComplexTypeTO
checkArray;
};

[Microsoft.XLANGs.BaseTypes.WebPortBinding(typeof(MyOrchestrations.InterfaceService.InterfaceService),
"MyMethod", Microsoft.XLANGs.BaseTypes.EXLangSMessageInfo.eResponse)]
public messagetype MyMethod_response
{
body System.Int32 MyMethodResult; ****** ERROR FLAGGED HERE
*******
};

Given that System.Int32 is serializable, any ideas whats causing this
error?

(I have noticed that BTS2006 error messages are sometimes way off
what's actually wrong, but that's another issue!)

Greg.

Greg

Oct 11, 2005, 5:13:06 AM10/11/05
Back into work this morning, and all appears fine after a reboot!

Greg.