Too many forms are currently open

Jérôme Piquot

Jan 8, 2009, 4:12:31 AM1/8/09

Some users have the info message "Too many forms are currently open, close
some forms and try again." before the AX client closes.

This message appears on AX2009 (not better with SP1).

This text does not exists in AOT so it seems to be a internal AX client
error.

Did somebody solve this?

--
Regards,

_________________________________

Jérôme Piquot
Gédimat Wolff-Catenne
France
_________________________________

golst

Jan 8, 2009, 10:06:51 AM1/8/09
I can only add that I also encoutered this problem a few times in the VPC,
downloaded from the microsoft site.
When I recieved the info message, I removed my usersettings , but I have to
mention that it will remove all your userspecific settings. So I am not sure
of this is the right thing to do.

Does someone else have a better solution for Jérôme?

Jérôme Piquot

Jan 8, 2009, 11:14:00 AM1/8/09
Thanks,

I will try this on users that have this info message and see if it resolves
the problem.

--
Regards,

_________________________________

Jérôme Piquot
Gédimat Wolff-Catenne
France
_________________________________

"golst" <go...@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de

Jérôme Piquot

Jan 9, 2009, 5:47:35 AM1/9/09
It did not work, I tested on a user but he still has the same error.

--
Regards,

_________________________________

Jérôme Piquot
Gédimat Wolff-Catenne
France
_________________________________

JStrom

Jan 16, 2009, 3:39:00 PM1/16/09
I also have users that are experiencing the same problem. It happens while
they are entering numerous (15-25) invoices to an Invoice Approval Journal or
a Payment Journal.

Jérôme Piquot

Jan 26, 2009, 10:01:34 AM1/26/09

There is a HOT FIX for this : KB Article Number 960849

The number of maximum open forms is limited by the GDI objects consumed by
the process.
By default, the maximum number of GDI objects allowed for a process is
10,000.
This is an operating system limit, and can be adjusted through registry
settings.
However, with Dynamics AX 2009 RTM and also SP1 we have identified a
problem
that leads to a GDI leak when the "Filter by grid on by default" user
setting is enabled.
This can be work rounded by disabling this setting, but the problem has also
been fixed.

WARNING: This fix is not publicly available through the Microsoft website as
it has
not gone through full Microsoft regression testing.

--
Regards,

_________________________________

Jérôme Piquot
Gédimat Wolff-Catenne
France
_________________________________

"Jérôme Piquot" <jerome...@lapommedor.fr> a écrit dans le message de

JStrom

Jan 30, 2009, 3:59:02 PM1/30/09
Where can I get the update? Do you have a link or a contact to obtain it?

Mike

Jan 31, 2009, 3:29:01 PM1/31/09
Goes for us as well. I am not able to find information on that KB article
either. Any insite on how to obtain it.

-Mike

Jérôme Piquot

Feb 2, 2009, 1:06:36 PM2/2/09
As written in my previous message : "WARNING: This fix is not publicly
available through the Microsoft website as it has not gone through full
Microsoft regression testing."

You have to ask for this patch to Microsoft Support.
--
Regards,

_________________________________

Jérôme Piquot
Gédimat Wolff-Catenne
France
_________________________________

"Mike" <Mi...@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de

rask@discussions.microsoft.com peter rask

Dec 1, 2009, 3:46:01 AM12/1/09
I have the same problems, in several different forms. It apears in all
customer installation.
peter

Fredrickson@discussions.microsoft.com Daren Fredrickson

Aug 5, 2010, 2:39:03 PM8/5/10
We continue to have this problem intermittantly.
I wonder does anyone have a status on the fix?
It would seem that MS has had suffient time to regression test it, no?

ChuckD

Sep 2, 2010, 11:27:04 AM9/2/10
Users started getting pop up message after we enabled "Filter By Grid On By
Default". We are disabling until the hot fix is available.

Administration-->users-->User Options-->general tab
uncheck "Filter By Grid On By Default"

hope this workaround helps