Batch Server - Startup

Andrew Bartley

Aug 24, 2005, 4:15:05 AM8/24/05
Hello,

We now have a dedicated Batch server, and are about to go live with Axapta
at the start of next week.

Ive been looking around and trying to figure out the best way to get the
server to work. I would like to have 4 shortcuts on the servers desktop so
that if any stop and need to be started again we hit the shortcuts and it
automatically logs in and auto starts the batch server in the correct group.
-startupcmd=batch however, it doesnt let me choose a particular batch group
to run. Is it possible to enter a batch group name with this command?

Any help you can give me would be appreciated,

thanks,

Andrew Bartley

I can get the user id put in, but cant find anywhere I can set the user
password so it automattically logs the account in. Is this possible?

Plus i can auto start a batch server using the

Vadim Goncharenko

Aug 24, 2005, 8:02:10 AM8/24/05
Andrew Bartley wrote:

I would like to have 4 shortcuts on the servers desktop so
> that if any stop and need to be started again we hit the shortcuts and it
> automatically logs in and auto starts the batch server in the correct group.
> -startupcmd=batch however, it doesnt let me choose a particular batch group
> to run. Is it possible to enter a batch group name with this command?

you can modify \Classes\SysStartupCmdBatchRun\infoRun method

like this:

void infoRun()
{
batchRun batchRun = new batchRun();
;

batchRun.parmUseForm(true);

// ->
batchRun.parmGroupId(parm);
// <-

batchRun.run();
}

> I can get the user id put in, but cant find anywhere I can set the user
> password so it automattically logs the account in. Is this possible?

use network account name (Settings \ Network account name) instead of
trying to save login and password anywhere

Andrew Bartley

Aug 24, 2005, 8:51:02 AM8/24/05
Thanks for the quick reply. I dont think i can connect via network name as I
am not doing that for the whole of the system. Unless it can be done for
specific users?

Andrew Bartley

Aug 27, 2005, 7:06:01 AM8/27/05
Well, these forums seem pretty dead. I would suggest people use:

http://www.axaptacentral.com/axapta.php

its pretty good. still no answer to my problems though :(

Andrew

Michael Costello [MSFT]

Aug 27, 2005, 11:23:50 PM8/27/05
Hello Andrew. Yes, you can enable network logins for specific users. I
also know that the instructions for network logins have been posted a few
times; however, here they are again.

In order to enable a network login; there are two steps:
Step 1:
1. Click on Administration and then users. This will open the users form
2. Select the particular user and then click on the General tab
3. Fill in the network account name
4. Close the User form

Step 2
1. Open the Axapta configuration utility
2. Remove the user from the User field
3. Click OK

/Michael

originated.