Ajax and Enterprise Portal

news.microsofto.com

Apr 23, 2007, 11:05:30 AM4/23/07
Its possible to integrate Ajax in Enterprise Portal ? how ?

Anybody has something implemented yet ?

thks.

chris (toronto)

Apr 23, 2007, 2:44:04 PM4/23/07

We have started using AJAX on our EP.

www.itvertigo.com

If you start typing a search in the search-box, suggestions are shown in a
drop-down list (AJAX).

Have a look at the source of the page for the JavaScript to better
understand how we are doing this.

Chris

news.microsofto.com

Apr 24, 2007, 3:14:36 AM4/24/07
Nice Web.

Congratulations Chris.

Thks.

"chris (toronto)" <christ...@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el
mensaje news:98C9F702-D43D-4834...@microsoft.com...

Erlend Dalen

Apr 24, 2007, 11:34:01 AM4/24/07
Hi Chris,

I am looking to implement a lot of the same things you already have
implemented here and I have some questions as to which approach you took
regarding guest-logins, menu-structures and ajax implementation.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me on erle...@hotmail.com

Regards,
Erlend

arjanvanschoonhoven

Apr 29, 2007, 4:00:02 PM4/29/07
Hi Chris,

I have checked your website and I am having several questions.

- Is the site running on Sharepoint Services 2 or 3 or Sharepoint Portal
Server.
- Which AX version are you using ?
- When I create my own login, will there an Active Directory user created
and a user in AX or do you use another authentication mechanism?

I hope you can give me anwers on my questions.

Thanks in advance,

Arjan van Schoonhoven

Beach

Jan 20, 2008, 1:29:01 AM1/20/08
HI Chris, I saw your site and it is really professional. Very nice.

We have to develop an ecommerce solution. We have Dynamics 4.2 and I'am
looking to use EP with the customer rôle. I would appreciate if you can
answer the following questions.

How long it took to customize your solution?

Is the performance is bad, good or excellent?

How do you handle and control the fact that your ERP is accessible by
anybody extern to your cie?

Do you have only one aos or more?

Do you balance the internal traffic on one aos and the external traffic on
another aos?

We are looking also for another solution. Install an ecommerce solution
from a third part and synchronize the data with the ERP. That solution do not
expose our ERP to the external persons. But the information is not in real
time. We will have to manage that if we go with that kind of solution.

Thanks in advance for your information.

SL

Dilip

Jan 22, 2008, 2:59:52 AM1/22/08
> > > thks.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Chris,

I happened to go through your site. It's good to know that you have
built up a superb site using Enterprise portal capabilities of
Dynamics Axapta 4.0. I would also be interested in knowing regarding
customization efforts, complexity of development and deployment of web
parts, performance aspects, WSS and Sharepoint version etc and any
other major challenges faced during this customization.

Again, kudos for building up a great site using EP.

Thanks and Regards,
Dilip
http://daxdilip.blogspot.com/