Tony Toews Auto FE Updater

tighe

Nov 18, 2009, 5:30:05 PM11/18/09
First, thanks for this, it's great.

since i installed the Auto FE Updater, the backup that occurs for the BE
when the last user exists doesnt happen as often. it seems that even if no
one is in a FE the BE still has it's laacdb file locking it from the Backup
process, which is checked for.

any advice or just a reason would be great.

thanks in advance.

Running 2007/XP.

Tony Toews [MVP]

Nov 18, 2009, 7:02:27 PM11/18/09
tighe <ti...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>First, thanks for this, it's great.

You're welcome.

>since i installed the Auto FE Updater, the backup that occurs for the BE
>when the last user exists doesnt happen as often. it seems that even if no
>one is in a FE the BE still has it's laacdb file locking it from the Backup
>process, which is checked for.

Try startmethod=fileextension rather than the default. Using the
default StartMethod=AutoSelect means that the Auto FE Updater briefly
opens the MDB/ACCDB to see what version the file is. Although that
doesn't make a lot of sense yet for ACCDBs.

Also what version of the Auto FE Updater are you running? One of my
versions had a nasty habit of staying in RAM and that might be
contributing to the problem. V1.82 can be downloaded at
http://autofeupdater.com/download.htm

If that doesn't work then can you email me your INI file? tony at
autofeupdater dot com.

Thanks, Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
For a free, convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files