Forms Tab Control and Subforms

Jeff C

Oct 4, 2006, 9:38:55 AM10/4/06
I am confused since my initial attempts at this have not worked.
Normalized tables with main table in a one-to-many relationship with
two other tables.

Too much information to place on one form with subforms so I created a
form and placed a tab control on it with three tabs. Primary
Table/Form on top tab, form 2 on tab 2, form three on tab 3.

They just do not sychronize up so I am missing a concept here.

I have form 1 with a tab control on it, then the three data entry forms
on the tab control. The form with the tab control on it is using the
primary record source as is the Primary form and they are linked on the
Primary key. What am I doing wrong?

Roger Carlson

Oct 4, 2006, 9:47:01 AM10/4/06
Do you mean the subforms do not show just the records related to the record
displayed in the main form? If so, check the Link Parent/Link Child
properties of the subform controls.

If you mean something else, can in explain more fully?

--
--Roger Carlson
MS Access MVP

"Jeff C" <jpco...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Jeff C

Oct 4, 2006, 10:33:44 AM10/4/06
Thanks Roger:

I am baffled by what was happening, the form with the tab control show
all the records available with the navigation button, but only 1 empty
record showed on the forms on the tab control, in other words I could
not navigate through all the records on the tab control.

What I have done now to get this working was to place the tab control
on my primary form with the two sub forms on two tabs. This is working
well but the end users naturally have their screen resolution turned
down so they cannot see the botoom area of the form where the subforms
are without scrolling. This was my main reason for trying to put all
three forms on tabs.

Calling the form where the three tabs resided "main", Main to primary
form tab 1 was primary key to primary key, Primary form tab1 to sub1tab
2 was primary key to child key, Primary form tab 1 to sub2 tab 3 was
primary key to child key.

Thanks for your help

Jeff C

Roger Carlson

Oct 4, 2006, 10:41:42 AM10/4/06
Oh, all 3 forms are in subform controls? You might want to look at a smalls
sample database on my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com) called
SynchronizedSubforms.mdb. It's not exactly what you're trying to do, but if
you can figure out what's happening, it might give you some ideas for your
problem.