access 2002 vs. 2003

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Jun 16, 2004, 3:26:34 PM6/16/04
I have a small network set up using access 2002. I have
added another computer to the network. Do I need to
continue with 2002 on the new computer, can I use 2003 on
the new computer and leave 2002 on the rest of the network
or do I need to upgrade all the computers to 2003?

John Vinson

Jun 16, 2004, 4:57:21 PM6/16/04

The two versions are quite compatible; in fact both default to using
Access2000 format for their databases. It is possible to upgrade a
.mdb file to 2003 format, making it unusable for 2002 - so just don't
DO that. If you have already done so, use Tools... Convert... To
Previous Version to save the database in 2000/2002 format.

John W. Vinson[MVP]
Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public