Memo field turns to gibberish

MrDangerous

Oct 22, 2004, 7:13:52 AM10/22/04
I have a query based on a table of work order information which includes two
memo fields, COMPLAINT and SERVICE PERFORMED. After I replicated the
database, the query returns what appear to be Japanese characters or squares
with punctuation marks instead of the text in the table's fields. What's the
deal?

johnss14

Nov 5, 2004, 2:54:06 PM11/5/04
I found this answer in the Q&A listing and it works perfectly.

Open the query in design view.

In the Total row under the Memo field, change Group By to First. Since
Access does not have to group by the memo field, it is now free to return
the whole thing.

If you have already set up your report, you will need to change the
ControlSource to reflect the new name. For example, if the field was called
MyMemo, Access will have aliased it as FirstOfMyMemo.

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.