Decompile still available in Access 2003?

1 view

TomT

Nov 12, 2003, 5:35:48 PM11/12/03
I've been using this switch for years, but it doesn't
seem to work in Access 2003. Has it be removed?

(msacess.exe /decompile)

Thanks...

Alick [MSFT]

Nov 13, 2003, 4:51:35 AM11/13/03
Hi Tom,

It is available, the command format is like:

quotation marks)

Please feel free to reply to the threads if you have any questions or
concerns.

Sincerely,

Alick Ye, MCSD
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation
Get Secure! - <www.microsoft.com/security>

--------------------
| From: "TomT" <to...@tomt.com>

TC

Nov 13, 2003, 8:17:10 PM11/13/03
Does your reply suggest that /decompile is now officially documented &/or
supported by Microsoft?

This is a serious question. /decompile is useful in varous circumstances,
but the official word has always ben that it is undocumented, unsupported, &
therfore, in theory, could produce unpredictble or damaging results.

TIA,
TC

"Alick [MSFT]" <al...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Alick [MSFT]

Nov 14, 2003, 1:15:46 AM11/14/03
The command is not supported and not official documented; I just post the
correct command line format for Tom's reference; sorry for the confusion.

Please feel free to reply to the threads if you have any questions or
concerns.

Sincerely,

Alick Ye, MCSD
Product Support Services