Combo box / memo problem

Jason

Jun 29, 2006, 9:35:02 AM6/29/06
I have an issue with a combo box. It has a short ID field (KEID) and then a
long, memo field (KERqmt) as the source. I would like to save the KEID to the
table that the combo in linked to, but I want to display the KERqmt on the
form (no need to save this data to the table). The problem I'm having is that
only the first portion of the memo field is displayed (I'm guessing 255
characters?) Any idea why I can't display the entire portion of the memo
field. Everything looks fine when I look at it in the table.
--
Thanks,

Jason

Douglas J Steele

Jun 29, 2006, 9:56:31 AM6/29/06
Do you have any format assigned to the text field, or are you using any
function on the value of KERqmt?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Jason" <Ja...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jason

Jun 29, 2006, 12:10:02 PM6/29/06
There's no format set to the field on the form. I tried setting it to "Memo"
but this didn't change anything. The format for the field in the table is set
to Memo.
--
Thanks,

Jason

privatenews

Jun 29, 2006, 10:31:16 PM6/29/06
Hello Jason,

This is limitation since old version of Access. It still exist in Access
XP/2003. You could refer to the following article for details:

96987 ACC: Combo Box Displays Only 255 Characters of Memo Field
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;96987

If you need to view the entire contents of a Memo field, you need to use a
text box instead of a combo box.

Also, I have routed to your feedback on this to the product team and this
shall be taken seriously.

Best Regards,

Peter Yang
MCSE2000/2003, MCSA, MCDBA
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Jason

Jun 30, 2006, 9:49:02 AM6/30/06
Thanks - saves me a lot of time trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong...

--
Thanks,

Jason

privatenews

Jul 2, 2006, 9:31:13 PM7/2/06
Hello Jason,

Welcome. Thank you for your understanding on this.