Access 2007 Form Sizing

David Semon

Dec 22, 2006, 4:46:00 PM12/22/06
I've been experiencing some strange behavior in Access 2007 Trial when trying
to get some new forms sized the way I want them. I did not have this problem
in any previous version of Access. I size the form the way I want it, view
it in Form View and then SAVE or close the form (which asks if I want the
changes saved). But, when I subsequently open the form(s) they are
unpredictable sizes. Sometmes 20 plus inches in width (even though the width
property is set to 8 inches). In general, they extend way off the screen.
I've tried various settings for the AutoCenter, AutoResize and FitToScreen
properties, with no success in getting the results I want (a 8" x 6" form).
Is there something new in 2007 that impacts this? Is there a problem with
2007 regarding form size? Thanks for any help/direction.

Sylvain Lafontaine fill the blanks, no spam please

Dec 23, 2006, 12:10:12 PM12/23/06
A wild guess here (I didn't have the time to install O2007 yet, so I cannot
test this until after Xmas): if the size of your fonts set to 120 dpi
instead of 96 dpi in the Settings | Advanced display properties of the
screen?

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC

"David Semon" <David...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

David Semon

Dec 23, 2006, 12:35:00 PM12/23/06
Thanks for the reply, but it is set to 96 dpi. It is as if Access is adding
space to the form and ignoring the width property. It seems most prevalant
with Split forms, but I've had the problem with all types of forms. It also
seems to occur more often when the border type is set to Thin or Dialog.

Have a good Xmas. If you install 2007 and experience this problem, please
advise.

RThanks again.

Sylvain Lafontaine fill the blanks, no spam please

Dec 24, 2006, 1:33:52 AM12/24/06
The more I hear about 2007, the more I'm afraid of installing it!

At first, I was thinking of installing it along 2003 on my machine but now,
I think that this thing will go only inside a virtual machine and nowhere
else for a long time.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC
E-mail: sylvain aei ca (fill the blanks, no spam please)

"David Semon" <David...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

David Semon

Dec 24, 2006, 10:05:01 AM12/24/06
I'm a little disappointed in 2007 (limited use so far). Major change appears
to be the interface. I may go back to 2003.

Bingharsan

Mar 10, 2007, 11:20:00 PM3/10/07
Thank you David for raising this problem, I do have the same problem in
Access 2007.
Thanks All.