ADP Data Link Properties Reset Connection

MagicForce

Jan 2, 2006, 4:29:02 PM1/2/06
I have a access adp file i am trying to open. When i try to open it i get an
hourglass and nothing happens. I have to ctrl+alt+del and close the app. I
think this is due to the link connection not connecting to the sql server
(the server name is no longer valad). and the connection time out is
unlimited (so it never times out) Does anyone know of a way to reset my adp
connection without opening the file. I know how to go to 'file' then
'connection' in access but since the file will not open or time out i do not
know what to do. ......

MagicForce

Jan 2, 2006, 5:56:01 PM1/2/06
Just wanted to thank everyone for all of thier help. HAHA! - I figured it
out.... Using a HEX editor i was able to find the Property0966\1\3\0. inside
of my adp file. This is the property that sets the database connection
timeout. Setting the last number (0) to a 5 allowed the connection to 'time
out' and therefore allowed me change my connection information using 'file'
and 'connection' in Access. If it is set to 0 it will never time out and will
never connect if the database is not valid. Then you locked up!!!! Hope this
helps someone else.

MagicForce