importing excel 2003: error "there is no object in this control"

niki

May 25, 2006, 10:54:02 AM5/25/06
I am running microsoft 2003, when i try to import an excel file it gives me
an error message saying "there is no boject in this control". When i click OK
a box comes up with nothing in it, when i click NEXT or CANCEL i get nothin.
I saw others asking this question but with the microsoft 97. Can anyone help
me?

John Nurick

May 25, 2006, 4:39:10 PM5/25/06
Hi Niki,

This usually works:

If the import/export wizards don't work at all, or if you get "No object
in this control" re-register ACCWIZ.DLL.

If it's one or more file formats that aren't listed, re-register the
following files
msexcl40.dll (Excel)
msxbse40.dll (dBase)
mspdox40.dll (Paradox)
mstext40.dll (Text, CSV, tab-delimited))
In Access 97, the filenames contain 35 instead of 40.

To re-register a DLL file,

1) Locate it (usually all these are in the Windows\System32 or
WINNT\System32 folder.

2) Locate the file regsvr32.exe.

3) Drag the DLL file's icon onto the regsvr32.exe icon.

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.