[uf-discuss] hCalendar Acid Test #1

Toby A Inkster

Apr 15, 2008, 1:30:23 PM4/15/08
to microforma...@microformats.org
There's no "right" or "wrong" answer - just judge the output of your
favourite parser yourself.

http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/hcalendar-acid1.html

For comparison, here's the output from latest development version
(unreleased) of Cognition:

http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/hcalendar-acid1-
cognition-20080415.ics
http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/hcalendar-acid1-
cognition-20080415.rdf

Cognition's output is by no means perfect: handling of attendees,
contacts and organisers in particular could be improved.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:ma...@tobyinkster.co.uk>

Dmitry Baranovskiy

Apr 15, 2008, 8:01:47 PM4/15/08
to Microformats Discuss
Very nice. I was working on creating an ACID test for 番 for couple of
weeks now, but in different way. I was trying to find all the edge
cases in parsing any 番. Here is a link: http://microformatique.com/optimus/test.html
It is not finished however. But it is quite tricky and helped me to
find a lot of bugs in Optimus.

On 16/04/2008, at 3:30 AM, Toby A Inkster wrote:
> There's no "right" or "wrong" answer - just judge the output of your
> favourite parser yourself.
>
> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/hcalendar-acid1.html
>
> For comparison, here's the output from latest development version
> (unreleased) of Cognition:
>
> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/hcalendar-acid1-cognition-20080415.ics
> http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/hcalendar-acid1-cognition-20080415.rdf
>
> Cognition's output is by no means perfect: handling of attendees,
> contacts and organisers in particular could be improved.

Jason Karns

Apr 16, 2008, 10:10:34 AM4/16/08
to Microformats Discuss
On 4/15/08, Dmitry Baranovskiy <dmitry.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very nice. I was working on creating an ACID test for µf for couple of weeks

> now, but in different way. I was trying to find all the edge cases in
> parsing any µf. Here is a link:

> http://microformatique.com/optimus/test.html It is not
> finished however. But it is quite tricky and helped me to find a lot of bugs
> in Optimus.

I would add an edgecase where:

<th id="title" axis="summary">
<em class="summary">Summary EM</em>
<strong class="description">Description</strong>
</th>

I am working on an example to test this with Operator, because
Operator picks up the summary and description properties from the TH
(using @headers) but only when the <a> include is not used.

I would assume that default behavior should be to use any properties
found first in the TD cell. Then follow the include pattern to find
any additional properties. Lastly, search for properties found in the
TH cell(s) as referenced by @headers. Any property values defined
more than once are taken as the value defined first. (I believe this
is already the case with the include pattern, I am simply generalizing
to the @headers pattern.)

~Jason

Michael MD

Apr 17, 2008, 2:03:13 AM4/17/08
to Microformats Discuss

> On 4/15/08, Dmitry Baranovskiy <dmitry.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Very nice. I was working on creating an ACID test for µf for couple of
>> weeks
>> now, but in different way. I was trying to find all the edge cases in
>> parsing any µf. Here is a link:
>> http://microformatique.com/optimus/test.html It is not
>> finished however. But it is quite tricky and helped me to find a lot of
>> bugs
>> in Optimus.

nice! ...I was trying it on my own scripts last night - helped me fix a few
things!