Success with Microdia webcam 0c45:627f

Vreixo Formoso Lopes

May 6, 2008, 3:31:26 PM5/6/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

(sorry, my english is not very good)

I've a microdia webcam, with usb id 0c45:627f. This is not listed as supported webcam. However, I have chosen to give the driver a try, and to make make webcam work, I've chaged in microdia.h the definition of USB_UDIA_624F_PRODUCT_ID to be 0x627f, and thus match my webcam. Then I compile and... it works!!! And with very good quality!

So I suppose it is easy to add out-of-the-box support for this new webcam, just create an USB_UDIA_627F_PRODUCT_ID and handle it in the same way you do with 0c45:624f.

Please, if you implement that notify me at metalp...@yahoo.es, so I can give it a try! And, of course, request me any help/info you need.

Cheers,
Vreixo

JoJo jojo

May 6, 2008, 10:04:25 PM5/6/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vrexio

What is your webcam model number/brand name ?

If you want to recieve emails from Microdia Group on your yahoo.es
account you can,
- Sign up on this mailing list from that account
- Set up gmail filter to forward all emails from Microdia Group to
your yahoo.es account
(or more specifically setup all emails containing the keyword 627f
to your yahoo account)

Your english is fine, don't worry.

-JoJo

Diego Iastrubni

May 7, 2008, 4:35:46 AM5/7/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Yes, your camera will be supported, as soon as they let me push a patch on my system... (hint, hint developers).

If you want to fully use your cam, I can also recommend you to use the V4L2 branch, since that code also supports Kopete (it does not work with the code in master). Don't worry, someone is taking care of you :)

And about your english, don't worry, you have a pretty decent English

Vreixo Formoso Lopes

May 7, 2008, 2:24:19 PM5/7/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

2008/5/7 JoJo jojo <onetw...@gmail.com>:

Hi Vrexio

What is your webcam model number/brand name ?

How can I know that? It is a webcam included in my laptop, a Lenovo 3000 N100. Attached related info from

$ sudo lsusb -v

Cheers
Vreixo

lsusb_v

JoJo jojo

May 7, 2008, 9:30:33 PM5/7/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vreixo

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Vreixo Formoso Lopes
> How can I know that? It is a webcam included in my laptop, a Lenovo 3000
> N100. Attached related info from

thats what I wanted to know, thanks

-JoJo

victorhr

May 15, 2008, 4:24:44 PM5/15/08
to microdia
Hi,
I also have a lenovo 3000 N100 laptop with a 0c45:627f cam.
I have also been able to make the cam work with the driver by
modifying the line that Vreixo indicates.
However, the image quality I have is very bad.
I attach the lsusb_v output, in case it is useful.
Cheers,
Víctor

------------------------- lsusb -v output ----------------
Bus 005 Device 003: ID 0c45:627f Microdia
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 2.00
bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
bDeviceSubClass 0
bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 64
idVendor 0x0c45 Microdia
idProduct 0x627f
bcdDevice 1.00
iManufacturer 0
iProduct 1 USB20 Camera
iSerial 0
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 279
bNumInterfaces 1
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 0
bmAttributes 0x80
(Bus Powered)
MaxPower 500mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 3
bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
bInterfaceSubClass 255 Vendor Specific Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 255 Vendor Specific Protocol
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0000 1x 0 bytes
bInterval 1
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x82 EP 2 IN
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0200 1x 512 bytes
bInterval 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0001 1x 1 bytes
bInterval 10
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 1
bNumEndpoints 3
bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
bInterfaceSubClass 255 Vendor Specific Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 255 Vendor Specific Protocol
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0080 1x 128 bytes
[...]
bAlternateSetting 2
bNumEndpoints 3
bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
bInterfaceSubClass 255 Vendor Specific Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 255 Vendor Specific Protocol
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0100 1x 256 bytes
[...]
bAlternateSetting 3
bNumEndpoints 3
bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
bInterfaceSubClass 255 Vendor Specific Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 255 Vendor Specific Protocol
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0180 1x 384 bytes
[...]
bAlternateSetting 4
[...]
bAlternateSetting 5
bNumEndpoints 3
bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
bInterfaceSubClass 255 Vendor Specific Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 255 Vendor Specific Protocol
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x02a8 1x 680 bytes
[...]
bAlternateSetting 6
bNumEndpoints 3
bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
bInterfaceSubClass 255 Vendor Specific Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 255 Vendor Specific Protocol
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0320 1x 800 bytes
[...]
bAlternateSetting 7
bNumEndpoints 3
bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
bInterfaceSubClass 255 Vendor Specific Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 255 Vendor Specific Protocol
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0b84 2x 900 bytes
[...]
bAlternateSetting 8
bNumEndpoints 3
bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
bInterfaceSubClass 255 Vendor Specific Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 255 Vendor Specific Protocol
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 1
Transfer Type Isochronous
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x1400 3x 1024 bytes
bInterval 1
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x82 EP 2 IN
bmAttributes 2
Transfer Type Bulk
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0200 1x 512 bytes
bInterval 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0001 1x 1 bytes
bInterval 10
Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
bLength 10
bDescriptorType 6
bcdUSB 2.00
bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
bDeviceSubClass 0
bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 64
bNumConfigurations 1
Device Status: 0x0000
(Bus Powered)

Comer352l

May 22, 2008, 2:15:59 PM5/22/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

are there any logs from device 627f ? If not, could someone please
create some ?
This device doesn't use a fixed sensor model. The sensor configuration
is defined by an EEPROM (has nothing to do with the 0x50 EEPROM issue !).
For the reported camera models, the sensor configuration seems to be the
same as used by 624f.
However, to add support for this device, we need to know how to
determine this.

Frank

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 1:01 AM, Vreixo Formoso Lopes wrote

victorhr

May 23, 2008, 12:48:12 PM5/23/08
to microdia
Hi Comer352l,

In this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/microdia/browse_thread/thread/50e22d211e58dc34/1ae880c9f91cb4fd?lnk=gst&q=627f#1ae880c9f91cb4fd
Diego Iastrubni posted one log. I haven't found any more googling the
list's archives.
I'll try to capture some logs and post them, but as Deigo's, my cam is
integrated in the laptop, so I won't be able to turn it off and on to
capture init/exit sequences.

- Víctor

On 22 mayo, 20:15, Comer352l <comer3...@web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any logs from device627f? If not, could someone please
> create some ?
> This device doesn't use a fixed sensor model. The sensor configuration
> is defined by an EEPROM (has nothing to do with the 0x50 EEPROM issue !).
> For the reported camera models, the sensor configuration seems to be the
> same as used by 624f.
> However, to add support for this device, we need to know how to
> determine this.
>
> Frank
>
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 1:01 AM, Vreixo Formoso Lopes wrote
>
> > Hi!
>
> > (sorry, my english is not very good)
>
> > I've a microdia webcam, with usb id 0c45:627f. This is not listed as
> > supported webcam. However, I have chosen to give the driver a try, and to
> > make make webcam work, I've chaged in microdia.h the definition of
> > USB_UDIA_624F_PRODUCT_ID to be 0x627f, and thus match my webcam. Then I
> > compile and... it works!!! And with very good quality!
>
> > So I suppose it is easy to add out-of-the-box support for this new webcam,
> > just create an USB_UDIA_627F_PRODUCT_ID and handle it in the same way you do
> > with 0c45:624f.
>
> > Please, if you implement that notify me at metalpain2...@yahoo.es, so I can

Comer352l

May 23, 2008, 1:54:18 PM5/23/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,

thanks for the link (didn't find this mail in my archive).
Unfortunately, the log doesn't contain the needed data.
It would be nice if you could create another log using SniffUSB and
AMCAP (640x480, RGB24).
Please notice: we need a log from the FIRST start-stream after
connecting the camera to the USB-port (in your case: after system restart).
After stopping the stream, you should wait some seconds before you stop
the logging.
Thanks !

Frank

victorhr

May 23, 2008, 2:22:08 PM5/23/08
to microdia
I have tried to make some logs with sniffusb 2.0 in wxp, but I didn't
have AMCAP program.
[ btw, are you refering to this AMcap: http://www.noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=video#AMCap?
]

I used the default wxp video capture program (when in mypc you open
the webcam icon).

Unfortunately, when running sniffusb i only see a black image.
The logs are also very big, 100s of MB for >10s. Is that normal?

I can't unplug the cam as it's integrate, but sniffusb has a REPLUG
button, is that equivalent?
I have captured a log of what happens when I push the REPLUG button.
It's only 16kb in size so I attach it. I'm sorry if it is useless.

I'll try now AMCAP, an see whether I can get at least a picture.

thanx for your patience ;-)

Victor

On 23 mayo, 19:54, Comer352l <comer3...@web.de> wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> thanks for the link (didn't find this mail in my archive).
> Unfortunately, the log doesn't contain the needed data.
> It would be nice if you could create another log using SniffUSB and
> AMCAP (640x480, RGB24).
> Please notice: we need a log from the FIRST start-stream after
> connecting the camera to the USB-port (in your case: after system restart).
> After stopping the stream, you should wait some seconds before you stop
> the logging.
> Thanks !
>
> Frank
>
> victorhr schrieb:
>
> > Hi Comer352l,
>
> > In this thread:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/microdia/browse_thread/thread/50e22d21...

Comer352l

May 23, 2008, 3:10:39 PM5/23/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Download and install the lasted driver from SONIX directly:
http://www.sonix.com.tw/sonix/product.do?p=SN9C201
This should also install AMcap. AFAIK, it is a free tool made by Microsoft.

Frank

victorhr

May 23, 2008, 3:46:58 PM5/23/08
to microdia
Finally I have captured a log using AMCAP (the modified version I
metioned before).

This is what I did:
1 start sniffusb, install the cam device
2 push REPLUG
(usbsniff starts logging, first it logs about 14kb, is in the file
01.log)
3 start AMCAP, configured to capture 640x480
4 start capturing
5 stop capturing after 10sec
6 close AMCAP
7 disable the cam
8 stop logging
(the complete log is complete.log)

during the capturing the image is black, and the video captured is
also black, so I guess
something is wrong when using the cam with sniffusb running.
Anyway I have uploaded 01.log and complete.log in a file:
http://victor.hr.googlepages.com/0c45_627f_logs.7z
is compressed with 7zip. 01.log is 14kb and complete log is 224 mb,
but the compressed
file is only 1.1MB, so I guess only black pixels were received from
the cam during the
capturing ?
Anyway I hope they are useful!
I'll try to install the sonix drivers and try again.

Victor

barbolani

May 23, 2008, 6:25:06 PM5/23/08
to microdia
Mine is a 6260 and, like yours, when logging with the USB sniffer the
window remains black. When comparing it with the initialization
section of the device however, I see that the commands are the same.
So your logs could be valid.

victorhr

May 24, 2008, 5:03:53 AM5/24/08
to microdia
I couldn't install the sonix driver, had to reinstall the driver
provided by the
laptop manufacturer, lenovo.
So that's all I can do right now. If you need anything else, just tell
me.
I hope so!

Good luck!

Victor

Comer352l

May 24, 2008, 6:33:56 AM5/24/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,

your log is valid. It seems that the driver reads about 500 bytes from
the EEPROM.
Because address space for each slave is limited to 256 bytes, the driver
uses slave 0x50 for the first 256 bytes and slave 0x51 for bytes 257-512.
I will need some time to work it through.

Frank

Gray Water

May 24, 2008, 6:33:51 AM5/24/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
this is not a logical conclusion. I have proof that logs do sometimes look different when the window is black. In fact startstraem functions made from "black window"-logs don't work.

GWater

victorhr

May 26, 2008, 4:52:32 AM5/26/08
to microdia
Answers:
1.) Yes.
2.) Lenovo 3000 N100, I'll tell you the model number this afternoon,
when I get home.
3.) I'll try to find out this afternoon. However the lenovo windows
driver comes with both drivers.
4.) Windows showed the icon of new hardware found, but it couldn't
finish to install the cam. I think windows couldn't recognize the cam
with the sonix driver.
5.) Yes, as long as you put it in an anti-automatic spam way.
Sorry for not having answered before.
Thanks for your wonk on the cam support!

Victor

2008/5/24 Comer352l <comer3...@web.de>:
- Ocultar texto citado -
> Hi Victor,
>
> I need some additional informations:
> 1.) is your device identified as 0c45:627f using lsusb ?
> 2.) in which notebook is it used (Lenovo 3000 XXXX)
> 3.) there must be 2 different cams in Lenove 3000 notebooks: a Chicony and a
> LiteOn. Could you please try to find out, which one it is (maybe looking at
> the windows driver information)
> 4.) Looking at the log, I wonder why the Sonix driver didn't work. Which
> problem did you have when installing the driver ?
> 5.) I plan to upload a memory map of your EEPROM. Is it OK for you to put
> your mail address into it ?
>
> Frank

Vreixo Formoso Lopes

May 26, 2008, 12:25:11 PM5/26/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I have this webcam (0c45:627f) working with the code from http://repo.or.cz/r/microdia.git just changing the code as I tell in my mail on May 7, 2008:

------------

> I've a microdia webcam, with usb id 0c45:627f. This is not listed as
> supported webcam. However, I have chosen to give the driver a try, and to
> make make webcam work, I've chaged in microdia.h the definition of
> USB_UDIA_624F_PRODUCT_ID to be 0x627f, and thus match my webcam. Then I
> compile and... it works!!! And with very good quality!
--------------------

So, in my opinion both 627f and 624f can work with the same driver code. Adding support for it is trivial, I think.

> are there any logs from device 627f ? If not, could someone please
> create some ?

How can I do that?

Cheers
Vreixo

victorhr

May 26, 2008, 2:23:21 PM5/26/08
to microdia
Hi,
the windows driver installed in my computer is the one for LiteOn, so
I suppose my cam is a LiteOn.
I checked it by comparing the files installed in C:\windows with the
files included in the chicony and liteon drivers bundled in the lenovo
driver package.
If you have a 3000 N100 laptop and want to check which windows driver
you have installed you can check the size of any of this files:
file path Chicony_Size LiteOn_Size
snp2sxp.sys C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ 10.0 MB 9.8
MB
tsnp2std.exe C:\WINDOWS\ 128.0 KB 96.0
KB
vsnp2std.exe C:\WINDOWS\ 332.0 KB 660.0
KB
I guess that to be sure of what cam model I'd have to rip apart the
laptop, but I'm not willing to do it :) I hope this is enough.
By the way, my laptop model is exactly a Lenovo 3000 N100 0768:49G.

Victor

Comer352l

May 28, 2008, 12:36:16 PM5/28/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vreixo,

which Notebook (Lenovo 3000 XXXX) do you have ? Which cam does it use
(LiteOn or Chicony) ?
Although init-/start-/stop-sequences of device 624f seems to work for
(some ?) 627f devices, too, these cams are not identic (otherwise they
would have the same PID ;-) ). We need to work out the differences.

Frank

Vreixo Formoso Lopes schrieb:

> Hi!
>
> I have this webcam (0c45:627f) working with the code from

> /*http://repo.or.cz/r/microdia.git */just changing the code as I tell

> in my mail on May 7, 2008:
>
> ------------
> > I've a microdia webcam, with usb id 0c45:627f. This is not listed as
> > supported webcam. However, I have chosen to give the driver a try,
> and to
> > make make webcam work, I've chaged in microdia.h the definition of
> > USB_UDIA_624F_PRODUCT_ID to be 0x627f, and thus match my webcam. Then I
> > compile and... it works!!! And with very good quality!
> --------------------
>
> So, in my opinion both 627f and 624f can work with the same driver
> code. Adding support for it is trivial, I think.
>

> > are there any logs from device 627f ? If not, could someone please
> > create some ?
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Cheers
> Vreixo
>

> 2008/5/26 victorhr <victor.hr <http://victor.hr>@gmail.com
> <http://gmail.com>>:

> Answers:
> 1.) Yes.
> 2.) Lenovo 3000 N100, I'll tell you the model number this afternoon,
> when I get home.
> 3.) I'll try to find out this afternoon. However the lenovo windows
> driver comes with both drivers.
> 4.) Windows showed the icon of new hardware found, but it couldn't
> finish to install the cam. I think windows couldn't recognize the cam
> with the sonix driver.
> 5.) Yes, as long as you put it in an anti-automatic spam way.
> Sorry for not having answered before.
> Thanks for your wonk on the cam support!
>
> Victor
>

> 2008/5/24 Comer352l <comer3...@web.de <mailto:comer3...@web.de>>:

> - Ocultar texto citado -
> > Hi Victor,
> >
> > I need some additional informations:
> > 1.) is your device identified as 0c45:627f using lsusb ?
> > 2.) in which notebook is it used (Lenovo 3000 XXXX)
> > 3.) there must be 2 different cams in Lenove 3000 notebooks: a
> Chicony and a
> > LiteOn. Could you please try to find out, which one it is (maybe
> looking at
> > the windows driver information)
> > 4.) Looking at the log, I wonder why the Sonix driver didn't
> work. Which
> > problem did you have when installing the driver ?
> > 5.) I plan to upload a memory map of your EEPROM. Is it OK for
> you to put
> > your mail address into it ?
> >
> > Frank
> >

> On 24 mayo, 12:33, Comer352l <comer3...@web.de

Vreixo Formoso Lopes

May 30, 2008, 7:48:20 AM5/30/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

2008/5/28 Comer352l <come...@web.de>:

Hi Vreixo,

which Notebook (Lenovo 3000 XXXX) do you have ?

Lenovo 3000 N100 model 0769

Which cam does it use
(LiteOn or Chicony) ?

No idea. How can I know that?

Although init-/start-/stop-sequences of device 624f seems to work for
(some ?) 627f devices, too, these cams are not identic (otherwise they
would have the same PID  ;-) ). We need to work out the differences.

Yeah, I know, but I haven't seen any problem yet, so...

Cheers,
Vreixo

Comer352l

May 30, 2008, 11:00:10 AM5/30/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

take a look at the Windows driver to find out your cam's manufacturer:
v5.4.x.x = Chicony
v5.5.x.x or v5.7.x.x = LiteOn
(WinXP only)

Could you create a USB-log of the init-/start-/stop sequence ?

Frank

Vreixo Formoso Lopes schrieb:
> Hi!
>

> 2008/5/28 Comer352l <come...@web.de <mailto:come...@web.de>>:

> <mailto:comer3...@web.de> <mailto:comer3...@web.de

> <mailto:comer3...@web.de>>>:
> > - Ocultar texto citado -
> > > Hi Victor,
> > >
> > > I need some additional informations:
> > > 1.) is your device identified as 0c45:627f using lsusb ?
> > > 2.) in which notebook is it used (Lenovo 3000 XXXX)
> > > 3.) there must be 2 different cams in Lenove 3000 notebooks: a
> > Chicony and a
> > > LiteOn. Could you please try to find out, which one it is
> (maybe
> > looking at
> > > the windows driver information)
> > > 4.) Looking at the log, I wonder why the Sonix driver didn't
> > work. Which
> > > problem did you have when installing the driver ?
> > > 5.) I plan to upload a memory map of your EEPROM. Is it OK for
> > you to put
> > > your mail address into it ?
> > >
> > > Frank
> > >

> > On 24 mayo, 12:33, Comer352l <comer3...@web.de
> <mailto:comer3...@web.de>

Vreixo Formoso Lopes

Jun 4, 2008, 7:53:32 AM6/4/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

2008/5/30 Comer352l <come...@web.de>:

Hi,

take a look at the Windows driver to find out your cam's manufacturer:
v5.4.x.x = Chicony
v5.5.x.x or v5.7.x.x = LiteOn
(WinXP only)

Ups, I don't have Windows installed (and I won't install it anymore :). However, I will try to find the disc with the Windows drivers....

Could you create a USB-log of the init-/start-/stop sequence ?

Comer352l

Jun 4, 2008, 2:16:13 PM6/4/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Vreixo Formoso Lopes schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> 2008/5/30 Comer352l <come...@web.de <mailto:come...@web.de>>:

> Hi,
>
> take a look at the Windows driver to find out your cam's manufacturer:
> v5.4.x.x = Chicony
> v5.5.x.x or v5.7.x.x = LiteOn
> (WinXP only)
>

> Ups, I don't have Windows installed (and I won't install it anymore
> :). However, I will try to find the disc with the Windows drivers....
>

> Could you create a USB-log of the init-/start-/stop sequence ?
>

> How can I do that?
>
> Cheers
> Vreixo

Please read
http://groups.google.com/group/microdia/web/usb-sniffing-on-windows.

Please use SniffUSB (logger) and AMcap (application). You can het AMcap
here: http://www.noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=video#AMCap
We need a short log that contains connection of the device (init), start
stream (start video), stop stream.
Please note:
- set AMCAP to 640x480, RGB24
- we need a log from the FIRST start-stream after connecting the camera

to the USB-port (in your case: after system restart)

- after stopping the stream, you should wait some seconds before you
stop the logging
Thanks !

Frank

Vreixo Formoso Lopes

Jun 20, 2008, 9:35:17 AM6/20/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com

2008/6/4 Comer352l <come...@web.de>:

Please read
http://groups.google.com/group/microdia/web/usb-sniffing-on-windows.

Please use SniffUSB (logger) and AMcap (application). You can het AMcap
here: http://www.noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=video#AMCap
We need a short log that contains connection of the device (init), start
stream (start video), stop stream.
Please note:
- set AMCAP to 640x480, RGB24
- we need a log from the FIRST start-stream after connecting the camera
to the USB-port (in your case: after system restart)
- after stopping the stream, you should wait some seconds before you
stop the logging
Thanks !

I don't have Windows installed on my computer. Can I get the logs from Linux? Otherwise I can't help. Sorry.

Cheers
Vreixo

Frank

Comer352l

Jun 20, 2008, 3:37:09 PM6/20/08
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Vreixo Formoso Lopes schrieb:

> 2008/6/4 Comer352l <come...@web.de <mailto:come...@web.de>>:

No, we need logs from the Windows-driver.
As soon as I finished working on 62b3, I will post patches for finally
adding 627f.
Please stay tuned for testing them, you know I can't push them without
at least 2 sign-offs.
In the next weeks, I will also send you a special patch that will read
out the content of your cam's EEPROM.

Frank