image overturned

Vinicio

Apr 2, 2009, 10:57:49 AM4/2/09
to microdia
Hi all
I have finally installed the driver microdia on my fedora 10
great work!!!!!
But the image is overturned as you can see on my attachment

$ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so mplayer tv://-tv
driver=v4l2:width=640:height=480:fps=25:device=/dev/video0 -vo x11
MPlayer SVN-r28461-4.3.2 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
CPU: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T1300 @ 1.66GHz (Family: 6,
Model: 14, Stepping: 8)
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing tv://-tv.
TV file format detected.
Selected driver: v4l2
name: Video 4 Linux 2 input
author: Martin Olschewski <olsch...@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
comment: first try, more to come ;-)
Selected device: SN9C20x USB 2.0 Webcam Driver
Capabilites: video capture read/write streaming
supported norms:
inputs: 0 = Webcam;v4l2: ioctl get input failed: Invalid argument

Current input: 1
Current format: unknown (0x30323953)
tv.c: norm_from_string(pal): Bogus norm parameter, setting default.
v4l2: ioctl enum norm failed: Invalid argument
Error: Cannot set norm!
Selected input hasn't got a tuner!
v4l2: Cannot get fps
v4l2: ioctl set mute failed: Invalid argument
Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDec: vo config request - 640 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Planar
YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 640x480 => 640x480 Planar YV12
Selected video codec: [rawyv12] vfm: raw (RAW YV12)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid
argument
v4l2: ioctl set mute failed: Invalid argument
v4l2: 68 frames successfully processed, -67 frames dropped.

Exiting... (Quit)

Vinicio Nocciolini

Apr 2, 2009, 11:00:56 AM4/2/09
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Screenshot-2.png

Vasily Khoruzhick

Apr 2, 2009, 11:05:22 AM4/2/09
to micr...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday 02 April 2009 17:57:49 Vinicio wrote:
> Hi all
> I have finally installed the driver microdia on my fedora 10
> great work!!!!!
> But the image is overturned as you can see on my attachment

Try loading module with vflip=1 parameter lile following:
insmod microdia.ko vflip=1
You can also change flip values via sysfs:
echo 1 >/sys/class/video4linux/video0/vflip

signature.asc

Vinicio Nocciolini

Apr 2, 2009, 11:17:54 AM4/2/09
to micr...@googlegroups.com
root@localhost ~]# cd /home/vinicio/microdia/
root@localhost microdia]# modprobe videodev
root@localhost microdia]# modprobe compat-ioctl32
root@localhost microdia]# insmod sn9c20x.ko vflip=1
root@localhost microdia]# LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so
mplayer tv://-tv
driver=v4l2:width=640:height=480:fps=25:device=/dev/video0 -vo x11

Resolved!
Adding nvflip=1 Now it s working in the right mode :)
Thanks a lot!!!

Vinicio Nocciolini

Apr 3, 2009, 5:43:34 AM4/3/09
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Hi again
Now I would like Installing the Microdia Driver

I don't want to do insmod sn9c20x.ko everytime I reboot my computer.

the question is:
Where can I specify nvflip=1 as permant?
I have tried the follow commands but they don't know about nvflip=1

|# strip -g sn9c20x.ko
# mkdir -p /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/video/usbvideo/
# cp sn9c20x.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/video/usbvideo/
# depmod -a

Brian Johnson

Apr 3, 2009, 5:52:55 AM4/3/09
to micr...@googlegroups.com
That depends abit on what distro you have on ubuntu and probably
generic debians there is a file located at

/etc/modprobe.d/options

which you need to add a line like

option sn9c20x vflip=1

There should be a similar file for other distros which let you specify
options to pass to modprobe for various modules

Vinicio Nocciolini

Apr 3, 2009, 10:24:19 AM4/3/09
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Now Its all OK :) :) :)

I tell u what I did on my fedora 10
in folder /etc/modprobe.d I have create a new file called sn9c20x
After I have edit it as:

# less sn9c20x
options sn9c20x vflip=1

Josua Grawitter

Apr 3, 2009, 6:25:37 PM4/3/09
to micr...@googlegroups.com

BTW
There are F10 specs for an akmod package available here:
http://repo.or.cz/w/pkgmicrodia.git

The advantage:
akmod rebuilds the module automagically everytime you update your kernel.
(akmod is available at rpmfusion)

GWater

signature.asc